Bogatyanovsky grapes are one of the brilliant results of the work of the Kuban amateur breeder Krainov. The hybrid was obtained by him as a result of crossing such grape varieties as Talisman and Kishmish Radiant. A successful hybrid of these varieties has been pleasing winegrowers in Russia, Ukraine, Belarus and Moldova with its excellent qualities for more than 10 years.
Characteristics of the variety
Bogatyanovskiy grapes belong to table varieties of white grapes of early or medium ripening period, the growing season is from 115 to 120 days, already at the end of August and until mid-September, full ripening of full-bodied bunches with large juicy berries occurs. The hybrid form of Bogatyanovskiy grapes is capable of developing both from its own roots and on the rootstocks of other grape varieties.
The structure and shape of the Bogatyanovsky grape vine has no fundamental differences from different varieties and hybrids:
- The roots of Bogatyanovsky grapes can penetrate deep underground (up to 10 m) in search of moisture, but with a good supply of water, heel roots do not need to grow to such a depth. The dew roots are located very close to the surface of the earth (30-60 cm), that is, immediately after the head of the grape bush, between the dew and heel roots there is a direct underground stem of the plant, which increases in size as the bush matures;
- The main stems (vine) of Bogatyanovsky grapes grow from the head of the bush located at the soil surface. Seasonal growth of branches (arms) can reach enormous lengths (up to 45 m) if you do not prune and form bushes. The growth of the Bogatyanovsky vine is 2/3 of the entire length of the branch.
- During the season, many shoots grow on the main branches of the bush: fruitful, sterile (spinning tops) and annual replacement shoots, which are later used for reproduction.
- On fruiting growths, eyes are formed, from which leaves and inflorescences grow, later forming bunches of grapes. If you leave all the eyes uncircumcised, then the vine can be overloaded with brushes, and the berries will ripen unevenly and lose their taste. On Bogatyanovsky grapes, it is recommended to leave no more than 20 eyes on one branch, and in regions with a cold climate, even less - no more than 8 eyes. This is done so that all the bunches have time to ripen before the end of the season.
- Vine leaves have a common structure for all plants of the Vine family - they are 3 or 5 lobed, with jagged edges, petiolate, green or light and dark shades of green.
- Flowers are very small, light green in color, collected in inflorescences in the form of a panicle. The flowering of Bogatyanovsky grapes begins in May-June, ends after 1-2 weeks, after which fruits begin to develop from them, gradually forming in bunches.
- Grape fruits are berries with (or without) grains inside and juicy pulp, which is covered with a dense shell. All berries are collected in beautiful loose or dense clusters. Bogatyanovsky grapes are distinguished by a slightly friable bunch shape. The peel of the berries is crunchy, but not tough, does not cause an unpleasant sensation in the mouth, the taste of the berries is sweet and sour, when fully ripe, the sweetness prevails. The grapes of the Bogatyanovsky variety have a peculiarity of the internal structure, which we will discuss in the chapter "Features".
Gardeners and winegrowers note that the Bogatyanovsky grape has all the virtues to be called excellent, it is good in many respects:
- high yield of grapes - from one vine with a minimum number of left eyes (8 pieces), the yield is at least 15 kilograms;
- large-fruited berries - large grapes, weighing up to 20 g or more, with a high juice content, a full bunch sometimes exceeds the weight of 1.5 - 2 kilograms;
- excellent presentation - the bunches are beautiful, do not crumble, dense and large berries do not crack, which attracts a lot of buyers' attention;
- a high level of transportability - the percentage of losses during transportation is low, if the berry cracks from physical impact, then it does not rot for a long time, and the edges of the crack dry out quickly;
- good disease resistance - with timely preventive treatment for diseases, grapes almost do not get sick;
- excellent taste of grapes - the taste of berries, although sweet and sour, but not cloying, does not set the teeth on edge, the skin cracks pleasantly under the teeth, but literally melts in the mouth along with the pulp and juice;
- a lot of juice is obtained from grapes of the Bogatyanovsky variety, for industrial enterprises processing fruits into juices and wines, this is an excellent product.
Maybe one of the winegrowers found flaws in the Bogatyanovsky grapes, but we did not see such reviews, so we decided that this variety simply does not have them, maybe only one. Many gardeners of central Russia would also like to grow it in their gardens, but, unfortunately, in August and September, when the Bogatyanov hybrid is just beginning to ripen, cold weather begins in this strip. The plant will not have time to complete the growing season, the bunches will remain unripe and sour.
Features of the
- Internal structure of grapes. Cutting the berry lengthwise, you can see some difference from ordinary grapes. The grains inside are free of pulp and seem to float in grape juice. This is well shown in the video, watch it, here you will also learn additional information about the Bogatyanovsky grape from an experienced winegrower.
- When the buds (eyes) freeze or other damage, the Bogatyanovsky vine is well restored due to the development of replacement buds, which are in a dormant state until the main fruit bud dies.
Planting and leaving
For gardeners with experience in growing grapes, planting and reproduction, as well as caring for seedlings, will not be difficult. Bogatyanovskiy grapes are unpretentious and require only minimal maintenance. Gardeners who decide to become wine growers for the first time will have to work hard. This requires certain knowledge and skills that come with experience. Every time problems arise and questions arise, you will look for solutions and answers to them, accumulating the necessary information. In this article, we will focus only on the basic rules for planting and caring for vineyards.
- When choosing a grape variety for the first time, pay attention to its zoned indicators; thermophilic varieties should not be planted in areas with a harsh climate. Buy grape seedlings from trusted and reputable growers or through specialized online stores. Many offer to buy seedlings and cuttings of Bogatyanovsky grapes from them, the choice is yours.
- Grapes are a very thermophilic plant. Vineyards need to be planted in areas that are warmed by the sun more time of the day. Blackout is the loss of a significant portion of the crop.
- The soil for vineyards should be neutral in acidity, loose and well fertilized. In the first year of planting, it is necessary to lay the basic fertilizers for the bush, so the holes are dug deep (70 cm) and wide (70x70 cm), they are filled up to half with organic matter, and complex chemical fertilizers are added. In the future, the plants are periodically fed, at least 5-6 times during the growing season, in spring and autumn.
- They are planted or grafted onto the stock of Bogatyanovsky grapes in spring or autumn. Without special knowledge, it is very difficult to vaccinate cuttings for the first time, but through trial and error, you will soon find a "middle ground". Learn from knowledgeable winegrowers, learn from their experience.
- The greatest difficulty can be caused by pruning and forming the vine. To help beginners, we offer a small photocircuit of trimming in the first years of planting. There is also a video below where you will see and hear practical advice from an experienced connoisseur.
Gardeners and farmers who have grown Bogatyanovsky grapes on their plots speak of him extremely favorably, they do not have strict remarks about the identified shortcomings of the variety:
Almaz, 38 years old, Crimea
In our vineyard in the Crimea, this variety is the place. I planted the first vines of Bogatyanovka in 2007, from one seedling I got a lot of cuttings over 3 years. Some were grafted onto rootstocks, others grew on my own roots. Both those and others took root quickly and without problems. The vine yield is always stable, about 1.8 kg in the weight of one brush. On 20 eyes, it will be born from one liana on average up to 40 kg of berries
Vera, 32 years old
Love for vineyards was passed on to me from my grandparents. Coming to visit them, I always helped them in the garden, I learned a thing or two. Now, at my summer cottage, I also decided to grow grapes. The Bogatyanovsky hybrid came to me by accident. A neighbor at the dacha cut her bushes and gave me some cuttings, and in the spring she helped to plant them in the garden. Like her, I really liked the variety. It is easy to look after him, only a spring garter is difficult for me, but there is a man in the house who helps me with this.
Every year the number of new varieties and hybrids of grapes is increasing. Breeders are a hardworking people, they are constantly improving the quality indicators of plants, and a successful hybrid of Krainov - Bogatyanovsky grapes undoubtedly deserves your choice in all its qualities. This wonderful shrub will not only delight you with a bountiful harvest, but will also decorate your garden from early spring to late autumn.