Making marmalade at home is one of the best ways to preserve fruits and berries for the winter. Aronia marmalade is prepared quickly and easily, the delicacy turns out to be tasty, aromatic and, most importantly, healthy.
Secrets of making black chokeberry marmalade at home
Marmalade is a dessert that has been popular since the 14th century. Sweetness has come to Russia since the time of the Crusades, so the Eastern Mediterranean is considered its homeland. It was during this period that the fruit harvest began to be subjected to culinary processing in order to preserve it until the next summer.
Previously, in order to achieve such a density, the fruits were subjected to prolonged heat treatment and boiled until the maximum density was formed, and now they are increasingly beginning to use thickeners of natural and synthetic origin in industry.
To get a delicious and aromatic dessert as a result, you need to carefully study the valuable recommendations for making chokeberry marmalade:
- You shouldn't use synthetic pectin if it's not in the recipe. The dessert will thicken in any case, since many berries and fruits contain natural pectin. Such a natural thickener in blackberry is quite enough to make a delicious dessert without additional chemicals.
- After adding sugar, the berry juice must be heated to speed up its dissolution.
- You can check whether the mass is ready drop by drop: it should not spread, but be viscous.
- After the mass is ready, pour it into silicone molds and cool. And you can also pour into a baking sheet and leave to solidify in the form of a layer, and then cut.
- For a soft marmalade, use less sugar than for a classic hard treat.
Knowing all the nuances of making chokeberry marmalade, you can get a product with extraordinary taste and pleasant aroma.
Chokeberry marmalade: home drying
If you need to quickly prepare a delicious and healthy dessert to treat guests who should come any minute, you should use this recipe. This manufacturing method is suitable for those who want to get the most delicious and healthy dessert.
- 1.2 kg of chokeberry;
- 600 g sugar;
- 400 ml of water.
- Sort and cook until softened the fruits of mountain ash, then chop using a blender, for greater softness, pass through a strainer.
- Combine with sugar and cook for about an hour, stir regularly until the mass thickens to the desired consistency.
- Rinse a flat plate and grease with oil, pour the mass into a plate and dry at room conditions for about 2 days.
- Cut into small pieces, sprinkle with powdered sugar.
The recipe for making chokeberry marmalade in the oven
You can use an oven to speed up the thickening process. This method will be the most convenient and quickest, since drying in a natural environment takes a long time, and not everyone can wait several days to taste a delicacy. This option is perfect for notorious sweet tooth who do not like to wait long.
- 700 g chokeberry;
- 200 g sugar;
- 1.5 liters of water;
- 2 g vanillin.
The recipe consists of carrying out the following processes:
- Sort out the berries, get rid of rotten and spoiled specimens, wash thoroughly.
- Send the berries to a small saucepan, add water and boil. Cook for 15 minutes over medium heat.
- Drain the water, chop the chokeberry, using a blender, until puree.
- Combine the resulting mass with sugar, mix well and put on low heat again, keep until thickened for about half an hour.
- Pour the thick mass into special forms, after covering them with parchment paper, oiled with vegetable oil. Send to the oven and bake at 60 degrees for no more than 1 hour.
- Remove the finished product from the molds and cool.
Chokeberry and apple marmalade
This recipe for black chokeberry marmalade with the addition of apples is original and has excellent taste characteristics, since black chokeberry goes well with an apple. The cooking process does not take much time and does not require much effort, but then you can treat dear guests during tea drinking.
- 200 g of chokeberry;
- 600 g apples;
- 60 g sugar;
- 50 ml of water.
Basic Prescription Processes:
- Lightly grind the berries with a mortar, peel the apples, get rid of the core and skin, chop into small cubes.
- Send all the fruits into a deep saucepan, add water and cook over low heat after boiling until the apples are completely softened.
- Cool the mass and pass through a strainer, combine with sugar and put, turning on the heat to a minimum.
- Cook until the required consistency is formed.
- Pour the mass into a special mold and leave in a cool place until it cools completely.
- Cut the finished product into medium-sized pieces and cover with powdered sugar to improve the taste and appearance.
Black chokeberry fruit marmalade
The blackberry marmalade recipe can be improved by adding berries such as gooseberries, currants. With their help, the dessert will acquire a delightful sour flavor and a pleasant aroma, which, during the cooking process, will spread throughout the home and will attract the attention of all households.
A set of products:
- 1 kg of chokeberry;
- 1 kg of gooseberries;
- 1 kg of currants;
- 750 g sugar;
- 300 ml of water.
The sequence of actions in accordance with the recipe:
- Sort out the berries, wash and dry.
- Arrange all the fruits on different baking sheets, cover with sugar, mix thoroughly.
- Send to the oven and bake at 180 degrees for about half an hour.
- Cool the fruits and pass through a strainer. Combine the resulting homogeneous mass with water and mix.
- Pour into molds, after putting parchment on them and greasing, send to the oven, where the product is dried at a temperature of 50-60 degrees in several stages.
- Take out the finished product, sprinkle with water, put all layers together, remove the parchment and sprinkle with powdered sugar, dry it.
- Cut into small pieces and serve.
What else can blackberry be combined with?
For the preparation of black chokeberry marmalade, various fillers and additives are often used to improve the taste of the product and make it presentable. You can diversify the classic recipe with chopped nuts, for example, hazelnuts, almonds. You can also add spices such as cinnamon, ginger, vanillin. In addition to apples, other berries can be used to make chokeberry marmalade: gooseberries, cherry plums, quince.
To diversify your diet with healthy sweets, you can make chokeberry marmalade. With such an forgiven delicacy, every housewife without experience in the preparation of pastries can easily cope with.