Every housewife knew the recipes for crispy salted milk mushrooms in Russia. The ancestors considered this mushroom the only one suitable for salting and respectfully called it "royal". Fleshy, juicy mushrooms, harvested for the winter, adorned the table until the next season of the "quiet hunt", they were served during fasting.
How to salt milk mushrooms to be crispy and aromatic
There are several ways to prepare salted milk mushrooms at home: hot, cold, dry salting. Experienced housewives know that hot salting is not suitable for getting a crispy snack; after heat treatment, the fruit bodies lose their elasticity and fragility.
Many are afraid to make mushroom harvests for the winter in order to prevent botulism or poisoning. To prevent such situations, it is important to know the rules of preparation. The main preservative for the cold salting method is table salt. Its amount depends on the weight of the main raw material. On average, 40 g of salt are taken for 1 liter of water.
Preference should be given to coarse grinding
Advice! Experienced housewives are guided by the principle: it is better to oversalt an appetizer than undersalt.
For salting, they take enameled dishes, for example, pots or buckets, as well as wooden tubs and barrels, glass jars.
To prepare the mushrooms, perform the following steps:
- To quickly cleanse forest gifts from litter, they are soaked in water for a couple of hours.
- Then they are cleaned with a dish sponge or stiff brush.
- Cut off the legs.
- The hats are folded into a container so that they look down.
Important! Milk mushrooms are conditionally edible. They contain a substance with a very bitter taste. Therefore, before harvesting, the caps must be soaked.
- To fill with water.
- Press down on top with a load so that the caps do not float.
- The soaking period is 2-3 days. At this time, the water is changed to drain the bitter substance. Do this several times a day.
How to pickle crispy milk mushrooms according to the classic recipe
Salted milk mushrooms prepared according to this recipe are crispy and aromatic, since they are not heat-treated. You can boil them before salting, but keep them in boiling water for no more than 5-7 minutes. This will soften them, but the appetizer will remain crispy. It requires:
- 1 kg of mushrooms;
- 40 g rock salt;
- 1-2 bay leaves;
- 1 small bunch of dill;
- 5-6 garlic cloves;
- 1 horseradish root;
- peppercorns to taste.
If the mushrooms are not completely covered with brine, they can become moldy.
How to cook salted milk mushrooms:
- The first step is to make a mixture for salting: combine chopped garlic, horseradish root, dill and lavrushka, add pepper and salt. Mix all.
- Take sterilized jars. Sprinkle the bottom with curing mixture.
- Spread a layer of soaked hats on top. Then add the seasonings again and so alternate the mushrooms and spices.
- Lightly press the contents of the cans with a pusher so that there is no air between the caps.
- Place oppression at the top, cover with gauze or a towel.
- A day later, the workpiece should start up the juice. If it is not enough, you need to change the load, take a heavier one.
- Seal the container with nylon caps. Place in a cold room. You can taste a crispy salty snack after 40 days.
Salted crispy milk mushrooms for the winter in jars
The advantage of this recipe is that it practically excludes the development of botulism. The blanks are not under the covers. To salt amazing crispy milk mushrooms, you need to take:
- 1 kg of mushrooms;
- 1 tbsp. l. salt with a slide;
- 10 peas of black and allspice per layer of mushrooms in a jar;
- 5 garlic cloves per layer of milk mushrooms.
Hats and legs must be immersed in the brine at all times
Step by step recipe:
- Take an enamelled container without damage or chips.
- Cut the garlic into large cubes. Put them on the bottom.
- Sprinkle with a few peppercorns, lightly salt.
- Spread out the first tier of milk mushrooms. Their caps should be directed downward.
- Sprinkle each such tier with spices and salt. Their total number must be distributed so that it is enough for all the mushrooms.
- The container should not be filled to the very top. Press the contents from above with oppression, the juice should stand out. Make sure it hides the fruiting bodies. Cover the crockery with a soft cloth.
- Take the workpiece out into the cold and leave for 1.5 months.
Advice! For a salty snack, do not spare the garlic cloves. They give the dish a special flavor and prevent mold growth.
How to salt raw milk mushrooms to be crispy
"Tsar's mushrooms" are valued for their taste and for the fact that they are found in forest glades by whole families. You can pick up a whole basket very quickly, and it takes a little time to harvest the crispy, salty gifts of the forest.
For salting 1 kg of milk mushrooms, you need:
- 1 tbsp. salt;
- 4-5 cloves of garlic;
- 8-10 allspice peas;
- 15 peas of black pepper;
- 4-5 horseradish leaves.
You can not add horseradish, a salty snack without it will become crispy
How to prepare a snack:
- At the bottom of the pan, throw black and allspice, garlic, salt.
- Separate the hats from the legs, soak them and put them in a container.
- Fill the pan alternately with layers of mushrooms and spices.
- Put horseradish leaves on top. They make the milk mushrooms crispy.
- Choose a plate of a suitable diameter. Place on top of the milk mushrooms, press down with oppression.
- Salt for at least 30 days at a temperature from 0 to + 8 0FROM.
Delicious crispy salted milk mushrooms for the winter with garlic, horseradish and dill
Cold salting allows you to preserve the maximum amount of nutrients for the winter. For the recipe you will need:
- 5 kg of soaked fruit bodies;
- 400 g table salt;
- 9 dill umbrellas;
- 20 cloves of garlic;
- 10 bay leaves;
- 10 currant leaves.
If the brine is not enough, you can add some boiled chilled water
- Take clean cans. At the bottom of each of them, put a few currant leaves.
- Spread the soaked milk mushrooms in layers.
- Chop the garlic.
- Transfer the layers with dill umbrellas, garlic pieces, lavrushka. Salt.
- Compress everything, press down with oppression.
- Leave for a week. By this time, the juice will be released. It will combine with the salt to make a brine.
- Put the container with salted mushrooms in the basement.
A simple recipe for salting crispy milk mushrooms
A simple way to make preparations for the winter is good because it requires a minimum of effort and a set of the most affordable seasonings.
For cooking you need:
- 6 kg of soaked milk mushrooms;
- 25-50 cloves of garlic;
- 400 g table salt;
- 30 g of dill seeds;
- 25 cherry leaves;
- 20 peas of black pepper;
- 10 bay leaves.
Garlic in the recipe is needed not only to add a pungent taste, it has an antibacterial effect
- Take an enamelled salting dish.
- Cover the bottom with cherry leaves.
- Cover the salt with a thin layer.
- Fill the bottom with mushrooms.
- Salt again, add dill, lavrushka and garlic.
- Make a few more layers in the same way.
- Compress everything well, cover with gauze.
- Place the load on top.
- To make the juice stand out, leave the workpiece cool for 20 days.
- Then put the salted mushrooms in sterilized glass jars, pour the resulting brine, cork.
- Put in a cool dark place for another 50 days.
Advice! If fresh milk mushrooms are salted for the winter, then they can be soaked for up to 5 days.
How to salt milk mushrooms in a barrel so that they are crispy
Traditionally in Russia, wooden tubs were taken for cold salting. By absorbing tannins, forest gifts became especially crispy and acquired a characteristic aroma. But the main advantage of barrel salting is the ability to add new portions of raw materials as needed.
It is necessary to cook not only food, but also the container itself:
- Rinse the barrel well.
- Pour boiling water over and steam with juniper.
For salting, you need:
- 5 kg of mushrooms;
- 250 g salt;
- 20 currant and cherry leaves;
- a large bunch of dill;
- optional horseradish leaves.
Wooden barrel - ideal for savory snacks
How to salt:
- The bottom of the barrel is first covered with cherry leaves, currants, horseradish and dill sprigs.
- Then add mushrooms with caps to the bottom. The layer thickness should be about 7 cm.
- All are salted.
- Seasonings are again put, on them - milk mushrooms.
- When the barrel is full, cover it with a clean cloth.
- Take a plate or lid of a smaller diameter, put the load on top.
- After a few days, the salted mushrooms settle, you can gradually add new ones.
- The barrel is placed in the cellar for 40-50 days and waited for crispy salty milk mushrooms.
Attention! Plastic and galvanized buckets are not suitable for salting. They can release chemicals that make food unusable and even dangerous.
Salting crispy milk mushrooms for the winter in brine
This recipe existed long before sterilization was used. Salted mushrooms were harvested and consumed in large quantities - added to pies, soups, eaten with boiled potatoes. For cold salting, the following products were taken per 1 kg of milk-soaked in well water:
- 40 g salt;
- 10 dill umbrellas;
- 4-5 horseradish leaves;
- 4-5 cloves of garlic.
Cloves of garlic can be replaced with green tops of the plant, it will give an equally rich aroma
How to cook salty crispy forest gifts:
- Peel and chop the garlic.
- At the bottom of the enameled container, put dill umbrellas, pieces of garlic.
- Place the soaked milk mushrooms there.
- Salt. You can add some more garlic.
- Alternate layers.
- Cover with an inverted lid.
- Put oppression, for example, a bottle or jar filled with water.
- In order for the appetizer to be salted and not darkened, it must be completely immersed in the juice.
- Leave the container in the kitchen for 2-3 days.
- Then put the salted blank into the jars. Cover their bottoms with dill umbrellas in advance. Top up with brine.
- Send to a cool room.
How to salt crispy milk mushrooms with horseradish root
Horseradish root gives crispy salted mushrooms a sharp taste, and cherry leaves give a delicate aroma. For the salting, you need to take:
- 5 kg of white mushrooms;
- 200 g table salt;
- 1 large horseradish root;
- 10 cherry leaves;
- 1 head of garlic.
Serving milk mushrooms to the table, you can season them with butter and onions
How to cook:
- Pour the cleaned raw materials for 4 hours with cold water. Then drain the liquid and rinse the mushrooms. Repeat these steps several times.
- Chop the peeled horseradish root into rings.
- Divide the cloves of garlic into several parts.
- Take a bowl for pickling and put in rows of milk mushrooms, add salt, add seasonings.
- Cover with a lid, put oppression on it.
- Leave the workpiece for 36 hours. During this time, mix the contents several times.
- After the brine appears, transfer the snack to the jars.
How to salt delicious crispy milk mushrooms with oak leaves
To treat your family and friends with crispy salted mushrooms in winter, you need to prepare the following ingredients:
- 1 kg of mushrooms;
- 3 tbsp. table salt;
- 1 bunch of dill;
- 5 cloves of garlic;
- 6 peas of black pepper;
- 5 oak leaves;
- 1 horseradish leaf.
If the amount of brine is insufficient, then the load must be changed to a heavier one.
How to salt:
- Take a container for salting. Cover it with horseradish leaves.
- Fold the mushrooms so that the caps are facing down.
- Make several layers.
- Then salt each of them, shift with oak and cherry leaves, dill sprigs, garlic cloves.
- Cover the top layer with a napkin, put oppression.
- Leave the container for a month, then distribute the salting to the jars and put it in the refrigerator.
How to quickly and tasty pickle crispy milk mushrooms in 5 days
To make an appetizing, crispy piece in 5 days without prolonged soaking and heat treatment, you can use a recipe for which you need:
- 2 kg of mushrooms;
- 80 g of salt;
- 8 black peppercorns for one layer;
- 2 cloves of garlic for a layer;
- 2 bay leaves for a layer.
The dish can be served with onions and sour cream.
- Peel the mushrooms, soak for a day, pressing with a small load. Change the water several times.
- Take a wide saucepan, put the fruit bodies, fill with water. Add a little salt, simmer for 20 minutes over medium heat.
- Drain and cool.
- Cut the garlic cloves into slices.
- Sprinkle salt over each fruit body and place back in the pot. The hats should be facing down.
Advice! First, you should lay out medium-sized strong milk mushrooms, then small and cut into pieces, softer specimens.
- Add pepper, lavrushka, garlic.
- Repeat such layers and fill the container, but not to the top.
- Cover with oppression. To do this, you can use a smaller saucepan filled with water.
- Put the workpiece in the refrigerator.
- After 5 days, the crispy salted milk mushrooms can be tasted.
An important storage condition is maintaining the temperature within the range from 0 to + 5 0C. The quality of the brine must be constantly monitored. If it evaporates, then the losses must be replenished with boiled chilled water. You can keep the workpieces in the refrigerator for no more than 4 months.
Important! If the salting has acquired an unpleasant odor, changed color, or gas bubbles have appeared, it must be discarded.
Recipes for crispy salted milk mushrooms will always come in handy for any housewife for preparations for the winter. Relatives and guests will surely appreciate her culinary skills. Mushrooms can be served as an independent dish or they can diversify the taste of salads, pastries, side dishes.