Prune tincture can be used not only as a pleasant alcoholic drink, but also as a medicine.
Prune tincture on moonshine
If there is a desire to ennoble any strong alcoholic beverage, then it is difficult to find something better than prunes for these purposes. Almost any variety of dark plum varieties dried in natural or industrial conditions is called a prune.
If the plum harvest is so huge that there is simply nowhere to put it, then you can try to make real moonshine from its dark varieties. The whole procedure will be described in detail in the last chapter of the article, but for now, you should dwell on the lighter, but especially tasty recipes for making tincture on dried plums (prunes) using alcohol, vodka and all the same moonshine.
There is not much difference between using homemade prunes and a purchased product. But when choosing in a store or on the market, you should pay attention to the quality of the product. Fruits should not be intensely black - there is a risk that they have been processed with glycerin to increase shelf life. And the light brown color of the fruit indicates that the plums were spilled with boiling water before drying to remove harmful substances and microorganisms. True, some of the nutrients also disappeared irrevocably. The most important thing is that prunes must be fragrant! Well, it also tastes good. Dried plums should be medium in hardness and have a sweet and sour rich taste.
The simplest recipe for moonshine infused with prunes requires the minimum amount of ingredients:
- 1 liter of refined moonshine;
- 100-120 g of prunes.
Advice! It is up to everyone to decide whether or not to remove seeds from prunes, based on their taste and experience. With the seeds, the taste is more intense, but in this case, the drink should not be infused for more than 15-20 days in order to avoid the ingress of harmful substances from the seeds into the tincture.
And it is so easy to insist moonshine on prunes that even a beginner can handle the manufacturing process.
- The prunes are washed in warm water and dried on a linen or paper towel.
- Then the fruits are placed in the chosen dish and filled with half the dose of moonshine.
- After 7 days of infusion in a dark place, drain half of the resulting tincture through the filter into a separate container, and add the remaining moonshine to the container according to the recipe.
- Insist for another 10 days, then shed through several layers of gauze and combine with the initially set aside tincture.
- Pour the finished tincture into bottles and store in a cellar or refrigerator for about a year.
Moonshine tincture on prunes: a recipe with spices
Perhaps special lovers of moonshine will not agree with this statement, but it often has an unpleasant aftertaste. The matter can be easily corrected if you insist moonshine on prunes using spices according to this recipe.
- 500 ml of moonshine;
- 4-6 pitted prunes;
- 1 carnation bud;
- 1.5 g vanillin;
- 1 allspice;
- 3 black peppercorns.
Making a tincture with this recipe is even easier.
- Cloves and peppers are crushed with a wooden crush.
Attention! If you want to cook more moonshine on prunes, then the amount of recipe ingredients is increased proportionally. But in this case, it is better to leave the spices in their entirety.
- All ingredients are placed in a container with a tight-fitting lid.
- Pour the amount of moonshine required according to the recipe and shake well.
- Insist in a dark place for about 10 days.
- Moonshine on prunes is filtered through a special filter or several layers of gauze and bottled, tasted or sent for storage.
Tincture on prunes on vodka
With vodka, you can make a gorgeous medicinal tincture that can alleviate many health problems.
- 500 ml of vodka;
- 50 g pitted prunes;
- 10 g of propolis;
- one teaspoon each of dry mint, linden blossom and thyme.
Tincture on prunes according to this recipe is also easy to prepare.
- The prunes are washed, dried, pitted and cut into small pieces.
- A mixture of finely chopped prunes and dried medicinal herbs is placed in the selected dish.
- They are poured with vodka, sealed tightly and placed in a warm, dark place for 1.5 months.
- After this period, finely shaved propolis is added to the vessel, resealed and allowed to stand for about a month.
- Finally, filter and seal for storage.
How to make a sweet prune tincture
According to this recipe, you can get an amazing taste and usefulness of the tincture, which is more suitable for the beautiful half of humanity due to its sweetish and fruity taste. To make this tincture on prunes, you can take any alcoholic base, but in this recipe, moonshine is selected for a 3 liter can.
You will need:
- 2.2 liters of moonshine;
- 400 g sugar;
- 200 g pitted prunes;
- 200 g of pure viburnum berries;
- 100 g of birch buds.
Preparation of the tincture does not require undue effort.
- Viburnum berries and prunes are washed and ground with sugar. At the same time, prunes are additionally crushed.
- Berries and fruits, together with birch buds, are placed in a dry 3 liter jar, filled with moonshine and shaken.
- Close with a lid and put in a place where no light enters.
- After 15-16 days, the tincture is filtered and it is ready for use.
Tincture on prunes with dried fruits
Using the same technology, you can easily make a tincture from the following components:
- 300 g of prunes;
- 300 g dried apricots;
- 250 g dried figs;
- 1.4 liters of vodka;
- 15 g ground nutmeg.
You can infuse the resulting drink for up to three months.
Prune tincture with alcohol
According to this recipe, although it takes a long time to prepare the tincture, it turns out to be very tasty and aromatic.
- 400 g pitted prunes;
- 500 g raspberry jam;
- 30 g fresh ginger;
- 40 g grated lemon zest;
- 20 g dry juniper berries;
- 1 liter of wine alcohol.
- All the required herbal ingredients are chopped with a knife, grater or meat grinder.
- Placed in a glass container, poured with alcohol, tightly closed and, placing it in a dark and warm place, forget about it for 2-3 months.
- Then the contents are filtered and mixed with apple juice to bring to the required strength.
- Cool and taste.
Infusion of moonshine on prunes with honey
The best recipe for moonshine with prunes is the one according to which the fruits are infused with honey.
- 400 g pitted prunes;
- 1.5 liters of moonshine (vodka);
- 200 g of liquid honey;
- 2 tbsp. lime-blossom spoons;
- a pinch of vanillin.
The manufacturing process is traditional:
- In a glass container, prunes are mixed with honey, linden blossom and vanilla.
- Pour everything with moonshine, close and place in cool and dark for 8-10 days.
- Then it is filtered and consumed or stored in a cool place.
Moonshine tincture with prunes and citrus
According to this recipe, it is easy to prepare a very tasty tincture on moonshine, which even tastes like liqueur.
- 400 g of prunes;
- 3 liters of refined moonshine (50%);
- 50 g grated bergamot zest;
- 70 g of dry cornflower flowers;
- 4 vanilla pods;
- 2.5 kg of oranges;
- 1.25 kg of sugar.
If the search for ingredients is successfully completed, everything else is easy to do.
- Wash the oranges and rub the peel onto the zest.
- Squeeze the juice from the fruits themselves, combine it with sugar and boil thick orange syrup.
- Place it in the refrigerator to preserve.
- Put the zest of orange and bergamot, prunes, cornflowers and vanilla in a jar, fill with moonshine, close tightly with a lid and hide for several weeks in a closet.
- Then strain, add orange syrup and stand for another day in a dark place.
- Then you can bottle and taste.
Prune moonshine recipe
If you properly prepare moonshine from prunes, then it will retain the taste and aroma of these fruits.
What you need:
- 12 kg of sweet plums;
- about 8-10 liters of water;
- 1.5 kg of sugar if desired (or if only sour plums are available);
- 20 g dry or 100 g compressed yeast - optional.
In principle, the use of dry or compressed yeast is not necessary in the recipe, since their use does not add a pleasant aroma to the finished drink. To start the fermentation process, wild yeast is quite enough, which live in abundance on the skin of the fruit. But the production time, of course, is increased by several times. If the question of time is not a matter of principle, then it is better to do without adding yeast in the recipe.
As for sugar, its use increases the yield of finished products, but its quality decreases somewhat. Therefore, the choice always remains with the one who makes the moonshine. Well, in the case of using acidic plums, it is necessary to add sugar.
So, making moonshine from dark varieties of plums consists of the following stages:
- To begin with, the plum is sorted out, removing rotten and spoiled fruits. To obtain a quality finished product, only the highest quality raw materials are used.
- Plum fruits cannot be washed if ready-made yeast is not used. But the bones are separated from them and the remaining pulp is kneaded with a wooden mortar or spoon.
- At this stage, sugar and yeast diluted in warm water are added to the mashed plums, if necessary.
- At the next stage, the fruit is poured with water. The amount of water is given approximately, it strongly depends on the juiciness of the fruits themselves and the sugar content in the plum preparation.
Important! The main thing is that the total sugar content after dilution with water should not be higher than 20%, otherwise the plums may not ferment. By the way, a lack of fluid can lead to the same result. While more water is not scary - it can only lead to an increase in the duration of the distillation process.
- Now a water seal is installed on a container with plum wash and the entire structure is placed in a dark place with a temperature from + 18 ° to + 28 ° C.
- The duration of the fermentation process without using ready-made yeast is from 20 to 45 days. (Using regular yeast speeds up the process to 7-10 days.)
- Signs of the end of the process are the cessation of the release of bubbles in the water seal, the appearance of sediment at the bottom. And the mash itself becomes bitter in taste and brightens significantly.
- Now the prune wash should be filtered and poured into the distillation tank, being careful not to touch the sediment at the bottom.
- The first distillation is carried out until the strength drops to 30%. Don't worry that the distillate might be cloudy - it's easy to fix.
- Avoid cleaning with charcoal or other cleaning methods at this stage to preserve the plum flavor.
- Dilute the product with clean raw water to 20% and carry out the second distillation, cutting off the heads (first 8-12% of the yield) until the strength drops to 40%.
- The resulting moonshine is usually diluted to the required strength, then hermetically sealed and left for several days in a cold place in order to stabilize the taste.
Prune tincture can be prepared in various ways and, depending on the recipe used, is suitable both for a festive table and for taking for medicinal purposes. It goes especially well with meat and cheese dishes.