Rose Grand Amore is an amazing flower. The plant is resistant to diseases, tolerates weather fluctuations well, does not require exhausting maintenance. It is enough to study the basic rules of agricultural technology of the variety in order to decorate the garden composition.
Thanks to its characteristics, the variety Grand Amore has received many awards.
The variety belongs to the group of hybrid tea roses. The breeding was carried out by scientists from Germany. Breeders have combined several types of garden and tea roses so that the hybrid has all the declared qualities. The work was completed in 2004. Rosa Grand Amore passed all variety trials, withstood a scrupulous expert assessment. Due to its unique characteristics, it has won numerous awards. The very first was the ADR (Allgemeine Deutsche Rosenneuheitenprufung) quality seal. The variety was awarded the highest marks for winter hardiness, disease resistance and splendor of flowering. The rose has several other worthy awards. Gold medals of competitions:
- 2004 - Hugg;
- 2005 - Lyon;
- 2007 - Rose Hill Trail;
- 2009 - Hugg;
- 2010 - Portland.
This list confirms the uniqueness and high decorativeness of the Grand Amore variety.
Description of the variety of roses Super Grand Amore and characteristics
The main advantage of the plant is the flower. However, the external parameters of the bush also matter - the rose serves as a decoration for the site. Variety sizes:
- The bush is about 80-100 cm high.The rose grows up to 45 cm wide.
- Stems are straight, neat, grow very quickly. Well leafy along the entire length.
- Leaves with an original hue that changes over time from reddish brown to dark green.
- Buds form at the end of each branch. They have a pointed shape. When the flower blooms, it looks like a beautiful glass. The bud has up to 35 petals, outwardly similar to satin material. Their tips are pointed.
- The flowers are large, blood red, burgundy or bright crimson. Diameter 10-12 cm. The blooming process is very slow. Due to this quality, the flowering period is extended. It begins in early summer and ends before the first frost. The Super Grand Amore variety is distinguished by larger flowers, the diameter of which is 20 cm.The maximum size of the bud shows from the second year after planting.
The Grand Amore flower justifies all the efforts spent on growing the bush.
Important! The variety tolerates drought and rain well.
The rose has decent characteristics:
- excellent decorativeness;
- high frost resistance;
- good immunity.
Flowers are resistant to gusts of wind and downpours, the rose does not stop budding when it gets cold.
Advantages and disadvantages
The Grand Amore variety is in great demand. Florists love him for its valuable advantages, and take into account some of the disadvantages.
Even under unfavorable climatic conditions, the rose demonstrates high decorativeness.
The benefits of the rose are named:
- Resistant to weather changes.
- Unpretentiousness to growing conditions.
- Undemanding care.
- Resistance to diseases and pests.
- Excellent external parameters and decorative effect.
- The beauty of the flower and the pleasant scent.
The rose has few cons, but you should know about them:
- The need for winter shelter.
- Careful maintenance of the root system after planting.
- Demanding to feeding.
- Obligation to remove faded buds.
These are not so important parameters for the grower. The main thing is that the variety has a high resistance to diseases, pests and weather conditions.
The Grand Amore variety is propagated by cuttings of half-lignified shoots. Cut the material early in the morning when there is no heat. It is not recommended to take young shoots or shoots treated with nitrogen fertilizers. The process of harvesting a rose stalk:
- Cut the shoot with oblique cuts at an angle of 45 °. This applies to the top and bottom ends.
- Dry the cuttings.
- Prepare a shaded area for planting.
- Deepen the shanks by 2-3 cm, water.
- Cover the shoots with a jar, moisturize regularly.
When the shank of the Grand Amore takes root, do not transplant it, but leave it to winter in the shank. Transplant a rose to a permanent place in the spring.
The development of a new plant depends on the quality of the harvested cuttings.
Growing and care
To get a luxurious bush, a florist will have to fulfill a number of conditions. The famous variety grows rapidly. But a violation of the technology of planting or care will lead to a decrease in its decorative effect. When growing a rose Grand Amore, you must:
- Stick to planting dates. The best time for the southern regions is from early September to mid-October. For areas with an early onset of cold weather, spring planting of the variety is recommended before budding begins. This time falls in April or May.
- Provide a plot that meets all the requirements of the variety. The main attention should be paid to illumination. There should be enough sun, but at noon the rose needs partial shade. She also does not like drafts and gusts of cold wind. It is good if the place is protected by buildings or tall trees, bushes. It is important that they are at least 3 m away.
- Prepare the soil. For the culture, garden soil is suitable, filled with a nutrient mixture of manure, peat and sand (3: 1: 2). The earth must be slightly acidic.
- Prepare planting material. If the root system of the seedling of the variety is open, soak the roots in water for several hours. Then cut off some of the shoots, leaving 3-4 of the most powerful ones. They will be removed 10-15 cm, leaving 2-4 buds. Cut out damaged, dry, broken off roots. Do not touch small branches.
Algorithm for planting a seedling of the Grand Amore variety:
- dig planting holes 50x50 cm in the prepared place;
- it is imperative to form a drainage layer;
- pour a nutrient mixture from wood ash and mineral fertilizer for roses;
- sprinkle the fertilizer on top with a small layer of earth;
- put a rose, straighten the roots;
- carefully fill the hole with earth, trying to fill all the voids between the roots;
- tamp the soil;
- water the bush;
- lay the mulch.
Important! The root collar of the variety should be 5 cm below the soil surface.
If it is decided to plant several rose bushes, then make the aisles at least 60-80 cm, leave 30-50 cm between the plants.
Video about the nuances of planting the Grand Amore rose:
Variety care consists of several main stages:
- Watering. The frequency depends on the weather conditions. In comfortable weather, it is enough to water the bushes once a week. During periods of drought, additional irrigation will be required. One plant needs at least 5 liters of settled warm water. It is important to protect the leaves and flowers from moisture. As soon as the rose fades, stop watering.
- Top dressing. The Grand Amore cultivar requires nutrition in the spring before blooming and in mid-summer. It is recommended to use complex mineral compositions for roses or folk recipes. The rose responds well to feeding with chicken droppings, which must be infused for 6-7 days in a ratio of 1:20 to water. Before watering, dilute again with water 1: 3. Cow dung is infused in a ratio of 1:10, and diluted 1: 2. Organics are good for young bushes. For mature plants, mineral complexes are better suited.
- Weeding. So that the rose does not have to compete with the weeds for moisture, sun and nutrients, they must be removed regularly. Also, weeds can become a hiding place for pests.
- Pruning. The Grand Amore variety should be kept in good condition. To do this, the procedure will need to be repeated at least three times. The first (spring) plays a sanitary role and is intended for cutting dry, diseased and damaged stems. The second (summer) is aimed at removing faded buds. The third (autumn) prepares the bush for winter. Now remove long, thin, damaged, diseased and weak shoots.
- Preparing for winter. After the autumn pruning, a mound of sand or soil should be poured onto the root system zone. In cold areas, cover additionally with spruce branches.
Correct planting and adherence to all stages of care ensure that the Grand Amore rose will become the queen of any site.
To achieve re-flowering, it is necessary to remove faded buds in a timely manner.
Pests and diseases
Roses can be threatened by pests. Treatments are needed. Beetles (bronzes), caterpillars and aphids are considered dangerous for Grand Amore. Acrophyte and Confidor maxi work well against them.
Among the diseases, one should beware of powdery mildew, gray rot, black spot. This is especially true in rainy summers. For powdery mildew, you can use Bordeaux liquid or Topaz. A solution of sulfur (1%) or Topaz helps to fight black spot. The soot deposit is removed with a soap-alcohol composition.
Important! Despite the good resistance against diseases, prophylactic treatments are recommended for the Grand Amore variety.
Application in landscape design
In projects, large red roses are best used as the centerpiece. They attract attention, which is why the Grand Amore monoplants are the most effective. The variety goes well with wildflowers, herbaceous perennials, conifers.
Do not place the rose near raspberries, pears, or cherries. Also bad neighbors for Grand Amore are tall trees that block the sun's access.
When drawing up the composition, the size of the rose bush should be taken into account.
Rose Grand Amore has all the necessary characteristics. Adhering to the recommendations of the originator and fulfilling the requirements of agricultural technology, even a novice rose grower can grow a luxurious bush.
Reviews about the rose Super Grand Amore
Natalya Vladimirovna Buyakova, 48 years old, Arzamas
This is the most beautiful rose in my garden. In addition to excellent decorative qualities, I like resistance to rain, drought, disease. The Grand Amore does not show any particular requirements for care, therefore it is quite easy to grow the variety. It reproduces well, retaining the main characteristics, winters well. Repeated flowering roses help out when combined with coniferous compositions.
Sergey Borisovich Katyshev, 42 years old, Novocherkassk
I grow cut roses. Grand Amore grows very quickly and is resistant to disease. Buds on each shoot, the shape of the flower is excellent. The rose is large with a delicate aroma. The shades of the petals go well with the color of the foliage. The most important thing is that it stands for a long time. Everyone is happy - me and my customers.