Pine nut shell is a natural remedy that has found wide application in folk medicine, cosmetology and gardening. Pine nut is a real treasure of the northern forests. They can be eaten raw or fried, or made into decoctions, infusions, or oils.
The healing properties of pine nut shells
Pine nut shells can be both beneficial and harmful, so you need to carefully study the beneficial properties of the product.
The shell contains the same vitamins, minerals and essential oils as the kernels. The benefits of pine nut husks have long been proven by scientists, so they have developed new technologies, thanks to which the following beneficial substances are preserved:
- Tannins tannins. They stimulate disinfecting and anti-inflammatory properties, which accelerate the healing process of purulent wounds. Thanks to these compounds, the damaged surface is covered with a protective film, under which the process of tissue regeneration is activated. The wound heals much faster. The development of bleeding and inflammatory processes is excluded.
- Vitamin C. Participates in the biochemical processes of the body. For example, in the production of collagen, steroid hormones, hematopoietic process.
- Calcium. This allows it to be used in the preparation of medicines for the treatment of diseases of the joints and the skeletal system.
- Glutamic acid. Stimulates performance and increases physical endurance, slows down the aging process.
Important! Medicines based on pine nut shells in preventive measures increase the body's resistance to harmful microorganisms, thereby preventing the development of many diseases.
What does pine nut shells heal?
Traditional medicines based on pine nut shells are used to treat the following diseases:
- respiratory system: sinusitis, laryngitis, bronchial asthma, tonsillitis, tonsillitis;
- immune system: frequent respiratory diseases as a result of weak immunity;
- cardiovascular system: capillary fragility, atherosclerosis, myocardial weakness;
- skin: eczema, acne, dermatitis of various etiologies, psoriasis, abscesses;
- central nervous system: neuroses, psycho-emotional stress, insomnia;
- musculoskeletal system: osteochondrosis, arthritis, sciatica, gout;
- digestive system: liver damage, impaired outflow of bile and secretion, hemorrhoids, gastritis, colitis, stomach ulcer;
- reproductive system of men: prostatitis, infertility, prostate adenoma;
- reproductive system of a woman: endometritis, menstrual irregularities, hormonal imbalance, adnexitis.
The use of pine nut shells in folk medicine
In folk medicine, pine nut shells are used to prepare infusions and medicinal decoctions.
In this recipe, in addition to the shell, pine nut husks are used, which is no less useful.
- 0.5 liters of boiling water;
- 100 g of husks and shells of nuts.
- Hulls and shells of nuts are poured into a coffee grinder and crushed to a powder state.
- Pour the resulting mixture into a container and pour boiling water. Insist for an hour. Filtered.
- To eliminate the manifestations of cystitis. The infusion is taken in the morning and evening, 150 ml. The course of treatment is 10 days.
- With ulcers and gastritis. The medicine is drunk 50 ml 3 times a day before meals. The course of therapy is 2 weeks. If necessary, repeat it after 10 days. No more than three courses are allowed per year.
- With eczema and psoriasis. Compresses are made from the infusion, moistening the tissue in the solution, and applying it to the affected area. Leave for half an hour. To improve the condition, it is enough to carry out 10 procedures.
- With bronchial asthma. A glass of infusion is divided in half and drunk in the morning and evening. The minimum course of treatment is 21 days. No more than two courses are allowed per year.
- To eliminate acne, blackheads and rashes. The solution is used as a tonic, rubbing it over the face every evening, until skin defects are eliminated.
Decoction of pine nut shells from cysts
- The shell is poured into a colander and washed under running water.
- Measure half a glass, place it in a saucepan and pour half a liter of water.
- Put on fire and simmer on slow heating for an hour.
- Bring the broth with boiling water to its original volume.
- Cool and filter through a sieve.
Take a decoction 1 time a day for 1/3 of a glass in the morning half an hour before meals. Continue the treatment for a month. Then take an eight-day break and repeat.
Pine nut shell broth
- 50 g of shells, crushed with a coffee grinder to a powder state.
- Pour into a saucepan, pour a glass of water. Put on fire. Bring to a boil and cook on minimum heat for 5 minutes.
- The finished solution is filtered.
- To eliminate sore throat. Gargle with broth in the morning and evening. A positive result is achieved after a week.
- For skin diseases. The affected areas are treated with a cotton pad dipped in the broth, in the morning and in the evening. The duration of therapy is 3 weeks.
- For the treatment of prostatitis. A glass of broth is consumed after breakfast for two weeks. Then take a break of 10 days, and repeat the course.
- With hormonal imbalance. Drink a glass of medicine daily. The course of therapy is a month.
- For the treatment of gout and arthritis. 2 glasses of broth are divided into 2 parts and taken in the morning and evening. After a week's pause, the treatment is repeated.
- To strengthen the immune system. Drink a glass of broth daily for three weeks.
Tincture for alcohol
- The shell in the amount of 250 g is washed, dried and ground to a powdery state using a coffee grinder.
- Pour into a glass container, pour half a liter of 70% alcohol and incubate for two weeks.
- The finished medicine is filtered.
- For sleep disorders. They drink 50 ml of tincture before going to bed for a week.
- To eliminate the symptoms of sciatica. Rub the lesion with tincture daily before bedtime. Together with this, inside three times a day, take a spoonful. Treatment should not exceed three weeks.
- To strengthen the immune system. Drink 50 ml of tincture throughout the day. The course of therapy is 2 weeks.
- For the treatment of prostate adenoma. 30 ml of the product is drunk in the morning and in the evening for a month.
Application of pine nut shells in horticulture
Landscape designers and gardeners successfully use cedar shells as:
- Garden path coverings. They dig a trench, partially cover it with gravel, after which a layer of shells 10 cm thick is laid and compacted. After the rain, such a path shines beautifully and exudes a unique scent of cedar.
- Pine nut shell mulch. Due to the original appearance, high-quality protective properties, micronutrients and macroelements useful for plants, this type of mulch is the most useful and convenient. Mulch acts not only as a decorative coating, but also prevents the formation of a harmful crust on the ground, its salinization and overgrowing with weeds. The shell of a pine nut in this form is used in floriculture. In winter, it protects against deep freezing of the soil.
- Biologically active system. Pine nut shells protect plants from pests and fungal diseases, temperature changes, weeds, intensive moisture evaporation. Creates useful microflora in the root system and stimulates the appearance of earthworms. Useful properties are preserved for several years.
The use of pine nut shells in cosmetology
Pine nut shells are used not only for the preparation of medicines. Cosmetics based on it normalize metabolism, tighten skin, relieve inflammation, cleanse and tighten pores.
- Peel 2 small cedar cones. The grains are extracted from the nuts.
- The shell is ground to a powder in a coffee grinder. Sieve through a sieve. Small particles are used to prepare a face scrub, the rest is used for the body. Oatmeal is ground on a coffee grinder.
- Combine oatmeal and nut flour in a ratio of 1 to 1. Pour in a little boiling water and stir. You should get a not too thick mass.
- The gruel is cooled to a warm state and applied to the face. After a quarter of an hour, the scrub is washed off with heated water and the face is rinsed with cold.
- The body remedy is prepared in the same way, but with large shell particles.
Recipe for hair remover based on pine nut shells.
- Pour a mug of pine nut shells into an enamel pot.
- Pour in a liter of boiled water.
- Close with a lid and send over low heat. Cook for 3 hours.
The cotton wool is moistened in broth and thoroughly rubbed with it hands and feet three times a day for 2 weeks.
Depilation with ash from a nutshell
- The shell is thoroughly dried beforehand. Burn to ash 300 g of the product.
- Add a little water or olive oil. They make a pasty mixture and lubricate the places where they want to get rid of hair.
- After 20 minutes, the skin is cleaned with a damp, thoroughly wrung out cloth.
- The procedure is repeated until the hair disappears. Usually three times are enough.
Contraindications to the use of pine nut husks
Means on the husk of pine nuts are contraindicated for use in case of a tendency to allergies to the components contained in it.
The tincture is not recommended for children, pregnant women, people suffering from liver diseases.
Before use, you must consult a specialist in the following cases:
- with thrombophlebitis;
- with varicose veins;
- increased blood viscosity.
How to cook inshell pine nuts
The calorie content of shell-free pine nuts is approximately 680 kcal per 100 g. They are eaten fried. It is advisable to do this without shelling the nuts.
- Unpeeled pine nuts are transferred to a colander and washed under running water. Do not dry.
- The oven is heated to 160 ° C.
- Wet nuts are laid out on a baking sheet lined with parchment, lightly sprinkled with salt.
- They put it on the upper level for 10 minutes. Keep in the oven until the shell turns light brown.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and cool for 20 minutes. Put the nuts on a kitchen towel, cover with the second and roll with a rolling pin, pressing hard. Select the kernels.
Pine nut shell is a natural remedy given by nature, which is widely used in medicine, cosmetology and gardening. To avoid negative consequences, it is necessary to consult a specialist before using it as a medicine.