To preserve the beneficial properties of cabbage, the hostesses make various preparations for the winter from it. The fact is that during storage, the value of a fresh vegetable is significantly reduced. Cabbage is salted, fermented, pickled according to various recipes. Moreover, almost all workpieces can be stored throughout the winter.
Today we will talk about how instant spicy pickled cabbage is prepared. It turns out an amazing crispy appetizer that can be served on the table not only on weekdays, but also on holidays. There are a great many pickling recipes, it is unrealistic to tell about all in one article. We have selected some options so that you can choose your recipe.
Some important points
To get crunchy instant pickled cabbage, you need not only to choose a suitable recipe, but also to know some of the nuances of pickling:
- First, it is best to use medium to late ripening varieties.
- Secondly, for pickling, you need to choose ripe forks, tight. It is not difficult to determine the maturity of cabbage: its leaves should be white with a slightly dried "crown".
- Choose juicy heads of cabbage for pickling without the slightest signs of rot.
- Forks with dull or green leaves are not suitable for harvesting: pickled vegetables will be bitter.
- Try not to use iodized salt, as this additive softens vegetables and tastes like iodine.
- The method of slicing cabbage and carrots for pickling may vary. It depends not only on the characteristics of the recipe, but also on the preferences of the hostess.
You can marinate either one cabbage or with various additives:
- beets and carrots;
- garlic and onions;
- sweet bell peppers and hot peppers;
- berries: lingonberries, red currants or cranberries;
- various herbs and spices.
Attention! What to add to cabbage when pickling, each housewife decides on her own, depending on the taste preferences of her household.
Use a marinade for pouring. To prepare it, you need salt, granulated sugar, vinegar and vegetable oil. For quick cooking of pickled cabbage, use hot filling.
Such a preparation is suitable not only for salads, but also for preparing first and second courses.
It is difficult to imagine a person who would not like pickled cabbage. Unfortunately, due to the presence of vinegar and hot spices, such an appetizer is not allowed for everyone. People with diseases of the stomach, liver and kidneys should be especially careful. You can also not eat pickled cabbage for children.
The recipes offered by us contain various ingredients. Moreover, such an appetizer is prepared quickly, you do not have to wait, as in the case of salting or pickling, the end of fermentation. In some versions, you can cook various dishes from it within a few hours. After all, cabbage is poured with hot marinade.
Fast and easy
To cook pickled vegetables according to this recipe, we need the following components:
- 2 kg of fresh cabbage;
- 3 or 4 carrots;
- 4 garlic cloves.
We will cook the marinade on the basis of one liter of water with the following ingredients:
- granulated sugar - ½ cup;
- salt - 60 g;
- black pepper - 10 peas;
- hot pepper - half a pod;
- cloves - 5 buds;
- lavrushka - 2 leaves;
- sunflower oil - 125 ml;
- table vinegar 9% - ½ cup.
Advice! Oil for pickled cabbage should be refined.
Cooking step by step
It is convenient to pickle cabbage in a three-liter jar, especially since the ingredients are designed for it.
- You need to start work with the preparation of vegetables. We take off the “clothes” from the heads of cabbage, we get to the white leaves. Then we chop it. This recipe requires large straws.
- We wash the carrots in cold water and peel. After drying, grind it on a grater with large cells.
- Remove the top scales and thin films from the garlic and pass through the garlic press. When cleaning hot peppers, cut off the stem and select the seeds. We cut it into thin strips.
- Combine vegetables in a large bowl and mix gently. Then we put it in a three-liter jar and tamp it.
- Now let's prepare the marinade. Boil one liter of water, add sugar, salt and spices to it, boil again for 10 minutes, then pour in sunflower oil and vinegar.
- Fill the cabbage with carrots and garlic with marinade when it stops bubbling. Cover the cooled blank with a nylon lid and put it in a cold place for 24 hours.
Our pickled cabbage is ready, you can treat your pets.
According to the recipe, pickled cabbage turns out to be fragrant and spicy, as they say, for an amateur. But every housewife in her kitchen is a real experimenter. You can always make adjustments to any recipe and make a blank to your liking. So it is here: the sharpness of sauerkraut in a quick way will depend on the amount of pepper.
What ingredients are required:
- white cabbage - 2 kg;
- carrots - 2 pieces;
- large beets - 1 piece;
- garlic - 1 head;
- water - 1 liter;
- granulated sugar - 7 level tablespoons;
- salt - 60 grams;
- unrefined vegetable oil - 200 ml;
- laurel - 2 leaves;
- black pepper - 2 peas;
- hot chili pepper - a slice;
- table vinegar 9% - 150 ml.
Advice! Tap water is not good for the marinade because it contains chlorine.
- According to the recipe, after cleansing, cut the cabbage into checkers, measuring 3 by 3 centimeters. But it should not be shredded in any case.
- Peel carrots, beets and garlic. Cut into strips with a knife.
- We transfer the vegetables to a large saucepan, mix gently, lightly tamp.
- When the cabbage is ready, let's make the marinade. Pour a liter of water into a saucepan, bring to a boil and add granulated sugar, non-iodized salt, lavrushka and black peppercorns, sunflower oil. Last but not least, a little chili, cutting off a small piece. When the brine boils, and the sugar and salt are completely dissolved, pour in the vinegar.
- Pour vegetables immediately, while the marinade gurgles. Cover the pickled cabbage with a saucer and press down with your hand so that the brine rises up. But the load in this case is not put. Leave the vegetables to marinate warm.
On the second day, you can transfer the cabbage from the pan to the jars. It will be pink with beets and sweetish in taste. Pickled cabbage is ready to eat. Bon appetit, everyone.
Attention! A delicious vinaigrette is obtained from cabbage pickled with beets.
With ground pepper
Housewives do not always have hot chilli peppers. But you want so much spicy cabbage! There is no need to be upset, because ground red pepper is always on sale. They can always replace pods. We offer you an easy-to-prepare recipe.
So, to marinate spicy cabbage, take:
- 500 grams of white cabbage;
- 2 medium carrots;
- 5 cloves of garlic;
- half a teaspoon of red ground pepper;
- 50 ml of table vinegar;
- 50 ml of pure water;
- 2 tbsp. l. granulated sugar with a slide;
- a teaspoon of salt;
- half a teaspoon of coriander seeds.
- First, let's prepare the vegetables. Carrots can be cut into thin strips or grated on a Korean grater. Grind the garlic in a crushing machine.
- We clean the tight juicy heads of cabbage from the upper leaves. Grind with a knife or shredder. The main thing is to get thin straws.
- Mix the chopped vegetables, add ground red pepper and coriander seeds. Mix everything again.
- Pour sugar, salt, vinegar into boiling water, boil for 5 minutes and immediately pour into the cabbage.
When the jars are cool, keep them warm. After 24 hours, you can safely make salads, add any ingredients: onions, sweet bell peppers. In general, whatever you like.
Spicy cabbage can be obtained not only with hot peppers, but also with horseradish. This ingredient also adds a piquant taste.
Prepare in advance:
- cabbage - 2 kg;
- horseradish root - 30 grams;
- currant leaves - 10 pieces;
- red hot pepper - 5 grams;
- garlic - 20 grams;
- parsley, celery, tarragon;
- dill seeds;
- water - 1 liter;
- salt and granulated sugar - 20 grams each;
- 6% vinegar - 250 ml.
Preparing such a snack will not be difficult. Even a novice hostess can handle the job:
- According to the recipe, chop the cabbage into thin slices. The work can be done with a regular knife or a shredder knife with two blades. Cut the peeled garlic into thin slices, and twist the horseradish in a meat grinder. Wear gloves when cleaning the root. When grinding, pull a plastic bag over the meat grinder so that horseradish juice does not get into your eyes.
- Put currant leaves, parsley, celery and tarragon leaves at the bottom of the jar, pour dill seeds. Lay cabbage on top, sprinkle each layer with red hot pepper and garlic.
- Prepare a marinade from salt, sugar and vinegar. If you want to get pickled cabbage after half a day, pour it in immediately.
An interesting option for pickling cabbage:
Pickled cabbage, which cooks quickly, is a lifesaver. It can be prepared at any time. After all, as a rule, it is ready on the second or third day. No special ingredients are required, and you can pamper your family or surprise guests with a delicious salad.