The beneficial properties of red bird cherry have been familiar to people for a long time, the plant is famous for its rich chemical composition. The use of tinctures and decoctions from the bark, fruits or leaves will help both in the prevention and in the treatment of a number of diseases.
Composition and nutritional value
The berries of the red bird cherry contain a large amount of nutrients:
Benefits and effects on the body
They have a sedative, bactericidal and restorative effect on the body. Used for the prevention of viral, colds and bacterial diseases.
Strengthens the body's resistance to colds, serves as a useful prevention of heart and vascular health.
They have an anti-inflammatory effect on the digestive tract, remove toxins. They help to fight poisoning with radioactive substances, plant poisons, heavy metal salts.
It prevents the formation of cancer cells due to its carcinogenic properties.
It has antioxidant properties, prevents the development of cancer and atherosclerosis.
They improve digestion, help lower cholesterol levels, and reduce the risk of diabetes.
Antihistamine and anti-inflammatory properties. It is often used in the field of cosmetology as part of anti-aging and sunscreens.
Possesses fat burning and antioxidant properties, accelerates metabolism.
Energy value (per 100 g):
- carbohydrates - 13.6 g;
- fats - 1.7 g;
- proteins - 3 g;
- water - 61 g;
- dietary fiber - 20 g;
- calorie content - 160 kcal.
Why is red bird cherry useful?
Since ancient times, the fruits of the red bird cherry have been widely used in folk medicine for the treatment and prevention of various diseases. The rich chemical composition makes the plant beneficial for women, men, children and the elderly.
For men, the red bird cherry is a powerful aphrodisiac. The rich chemical composition and beneficial properties help to accelerate peripheral blood supply, increase potency. It also has a positive effect on libido.
Among other things, red bird cherry helps to cure trichomoniasis.
The sedative, calming effect of bird cherry tea will help men maintain a healthy nervous system during times of stress and overwork.
Since ancient times, women have taken decoctions of red bird cherry as a natural contraceptive.
In case of infectious diseases of the genital organs, women are advised to do douching with a decoction of red bird cherry in addition to the main treatment.
The beneficial plant is often used for cosmetic purposes.
- To combat acne, the problem areas are wiped with fruit juice.
- With dermatitis in 30 minutes. before meals, drink 60 ml of broth from the bark.
- To alleviate the condition of the skin with sunburn, it is wiped with an alcoholic infusion of dried flowers.
- In the fight against wrinkles and dry skin, a tincture of 1 tbsp will help. l. flowers filled with hot water. After cooling, a cotton pad is moistened in the tincture and rubbed over the face.
- Berry masks help to strengthen hair and nails.
Freshly squeezed juice from the fruit of the red bird cherry has many beneficial properties, helping children with diarrhea, nausea, vomiting and dysentery. It has an astringent effect on the digestive tract, promotes the elimination of harmful substances in case of poisoning and intoxication.
Attention! Berries should not be eaten by children under 3 years of age. When used for medicinal purposes, it is necessary to consult a pediatrician.
Teenage skin problems such as inflammation of the sebaceous glands are also treated with red cherry juice. To do this, you need to wipe your face with it in the morning and in the evenings for a month.
For the elderly
Useful properties of red bird cherry for the elderly:
- helps to lower cholesterol;
- strengthens the walls of blood vessels;
- helps to normalize blood pressure;
- drinking tea from leaves and roots has a calming effect;
- alcoholic infusion of red bird cherry will help to cope with joint pain.
What does the red bird cherry help with?
Since wood has excellent bactericidal properties, it is able to purify the air around it. In the same way, the use of the fruits of the red bird cherry affects the human body, contributing to the destruction of harmful microflora and the cessation of inflammatory processes.
Red bird cherry helps to cope with a number of all kinds of diseases:
Name of the disease
The benefits of red bird cherry
Normalizes the activity of the digestive tract, has a strengthening effect.
Angina, dental infections
Rinsing the mouth with berry tincture stops inflammation.
A decoction of the bark and leaves will help relieve coughs.
Regular rinsing of the mouth with a decoction of the leaves of red bird cherry serve as an excellent prevention of the development of caries.
A decoction of the bark has an antipyretic effect, increases perspiration, and helps to relieve fever. The infusion strengthens the immune system, is extremely effective in the fight against bacteria and viruses.
Gargle with a decoction of dried leaves.
To relieve acute inflammation, a compress is applied to the eyes using cotton pads dipped in a decoction.
Diseases of the kidneys and genitourinary system
The broth improves metabolism, promotes the elimination of toxins, and has a pronounced diuretic effect.
Due to the content of caffeic acid, the use of red bird cherry serves as a useful prevention of cancer development.
The rich chemical composition of the plant affects the human nervous system, neutralizes the harmful effects of stress, and prevents depression.
Application of red bird cherry
Fresh and dried red cherry berries are used to prepare various dishes. Useful compotes, jam are made of them, used as filling for cakes and pies.
To properly dry the fruit, you must:
- Put fully ripe berries together with the stalks in a thin layer on a baking sheet;
- place in the oven and keep at a temperature of 40 oFrom 1 hour;
- raise the temperature to 70 oC, ventilate regularly;
- reduce the temperature to a minimum and keep until completely dry;
- Remove the stalks, place the dried berries in an airtight container.
A real delicacy is red bird cherry flour. It can be used in place of wheat flour for baked goods and desserts. The dishes will turn out to be low-calorie, and their taste will sparkle with new notes. The fiber content in flour made from cherry berries is second only to whole grains.
Advice! To get flour, dried berries need to be ground with a coffee grinder or food processor.
Red cherry jam:
- Pour 1 kg of fresh red bird cherry berries with 1 kg of sugar, leave to infuse for 10 hours.
- Drain the resulting juice into a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Pour the berries with hot juice and cook until the syrup thickens.
You can see how to make assorted jams in the video recipe:
Tincture of red bird cherry on vodka:
- Take 400 g of large fresh berries, rinse, place in a glass bottle.
- Pour in 100 g of sugar and leave for 10 hours.
- Pour 500 ml of vodka, leave for 25 days at a temperature of 22 - 25 o
- Filter the drink with a gauze cloth, pour it into dark glass bottles. Store no more than 1 year.
Contraindications to taking red bird cherry
Contraindications for the use of red bird cherry are:
- Children under 3 years old.
- Allergies and personal intolerances.
- Constipation tendency.
- During pregnancy and breastfeeding, food intake can have a negative impact on the formation and development of the fetus.
Attention! Eating a lot of pitted berries can cause poisoning due to the high content of hydrocyanic acid.
Symptoms of intoxication with essential oils contained in branches and foliage: dizziness, nausea, vomiting, headache, watery eyes, itching of the mucous membranes of the nose. Therefore, bouquets of red bird cherry should not be left in closed, poorly ventilated rooms.
The beneficial properties of red bird cherry are undeniable. Since ancient times, it has been used in cooking, cosmetology and folk medicine. Tinctures and decoctions help in the fight against many ailments, have an immunomodulatory and restorative effect on the body.