The ability to paint beautifully the wheels for a flower bed is not only a desire to ennoble the courtyard territory in an original and inexpensive way, but also an opportunity for self-expression, the realization of creative potential, and the fruitful use of used car wheels. Flowerbeds decorated with car wheels are ubiquitous.
What is necessary
Having conceived to build and paint flowerbeds from wheels on a personal plot, its owner must purchase the basic materials that will be needed when tinting tires.
To carry out high-quality work, you will need:
- special solvent, acetone or other liquid, for preliminary surface cleaning;
- a primer used as a base for paint;
- paint and varnish material;
- paint brushes of several sizes, spray or spray can.
What paint to paint tires for a flower bed
In order for flower beds made of tires to please their owners as long as possible, they must be painted correctly. It is important not only to choose the right paint, but also to apply it.
For coloring car tires, you can use different types of tinting agents, including:
- enamel paints and varnishes;
- acrylic coatings - if applied correctly, they will last a long time;
- car paints, are characterized by fast drying, good maintenance and can be used as a base coat;
- paints in the form of an aerosol, the convenience of their use lies not only in the complete coverage of the product with paint, excluding gaps even in hard-to-reach places, but also the possibility of changing the shades of the paint;
- nitro paints - quick-drying coatings that do not lend themselves to sunlight;
- water-based paints have a significant disadvantage - they fade under the sun;
- oil formulations, they penetrate well into the rubber surface and hold for a long time;
- paints intended exclusively for rubber surfaces.
Each owner has the right to choose which paint to paint the tires for the flower garden, based on their capabilities and preferences.
Guided by numerous tips and photos from the Internet, you can paint beautifully the tires for a flower bed and create a unique design of your personal territory from tires.
Tire painting techniques
Wanting to paint the tires for the flower bed correctly, you need to adhere to a certain technique and follow the rules developed by experience:
- Rubber surfaces require mandatory preliminary preparation of the material for work: thorough washing of tires, degreasing the tires, priming, drying, cleaning the surface with emery material.
- The choice of the type of primer depends on the paintwork: a quick-drying acidic primer of the GF-021 trademark is suitable for oil-based primers; for water-based paints, you can use ordinary PVA glue.
- After completing the preliminary stage of choosing a paintwork, you can proceed to applying paint to the rubber tire. The coating must be applied in several layers.
You can paint car rubber wheels on a flower bed with paint of one shade, or with many colors, creating a certain pattern.
The basic rules that are recommended to adhere to when painting flower beds from car tires:
- the best color option is a palette of light colors, since such shades will prevent overheating of the soil and plant rhizomes;
- the thickness of the coating layer of the flower bed should not be too thin, but you should not apply the paint with a very thick layer either, otherwise it will deform under the influence of the sun or frost;
- it is necessary to decorate the flowerbeds of tires in such a way that the pattern on the flowerpots of car tires does not drown out the beauty of living plants with its brightness.
Ideas for painting wheels for flower beds
Anyone can beautifully paint a flower bed created from a rubber tire. Only this process is creative, requiring time and effort. Among the most popular design options for flower beds using tires are the manufacture of flowerpots, hanging pots, decorative flower beds, various representatives of the fauna: swans, elephants, parrots, turtles, hedgehogs, spiders, flowers (daisies), elements of kitchen utensils (cups). The external design of a garden or yard will look original if you paint the wheels for a flower bed with a natural stone.
Common tire compositions are classified into several types:
Car tires can be placed both singly and in groups, they can also be part of a flower garden - a mixborder, where various plants are planted in a stepwise manner.
If you want to create a bright, beautiful design, it is better to decorate the wheels of the flower bed with different colors.
Simple multi-colored flower beds
One of the simplest ways to create a flower bed from car wheels is to arrange tires in the desired planting site. They need to pour earth and plant flowers. Tires of large sizes, painted in bright colors, look beneficial. An important condition for the design of such a flower garden is the arrangement of a drainage system, without which the plants will die from excess moisture. A flower garden of several tiers will allow, along with low flowers, to use high and ampelous ones. Even by arranging the multi-colored wheels in a chaotic manner, a glorious flower bed will come out.
The selection of options for painting tires for a flower bed is carried out based on the general conceptual idea of a garden or other plot:
- noble silver will turn an ordinary tire into a spectacular steel-colored flowerpot;
- grassy green will hide the decor element on an area with a green lawn;
- variegated colors will make it possible to focus on certain details of the garden.
Having spied individual ideas of finished products in the photo, you can paint the tires for the flower bed in one color, and apply a light ornament on it through a stencil.
Non-standard flower beds
The standard use of tires has already faded into the background. Today, everyone is trying to find a unique design option for a flower bed made of wheels, paying special attention to painting it, and creating a non-standard flower garden in their yard. Representatives of the animal world will become the original decoration of the flower garden: a turtle from tires, a swan, a hedgehog, a spider, a dragon or anyone else, the flight of imagination is not limited.
Making a turtle is pretty simple. To do this, you will need 2 tires, holes are cut into the main one for the legs of the animal, from the other there will be an outer part, it is divided into 4 segments, which will become the legs. Behind the craft, a tail is constructed, the head is constructed from a plastic bottle. The manufacturing process is completed by painting.
Painting flower beds, created with your own hands from old car tires, is the most enjoyable moment of decoration art. The choice of paint will facilitate the availability of photo examples, but the decision remains with the owner and his capabilities, preferences.
To give more originality to the flowerbed of tires, along with tires, other available materials are used: plastic bottles, various stones. A well made of tires will decorate the garden plot.
Making a flower bed with your own hands has many positive aspects, in particular, the ability to choose color, quality, size. Thanks to the presence of colorful shades, car tires for flower beds are painted with all the colors of the rainbow and turn them into real masterpieces.
Other ideas for using colored tires
Along with the ability to decorate a flower bed with flowers, crafts made from wheels look original. The infinity of ideas allows you to create even designer furniture from car tires: garden tables, poufs, armchairs. They are also used to make bird feeders, children's ground rocking chairs, swings, sandboxes, toy cars, and motorcycles for playgrounds.
Paths are laid out with rubber tires, garden pools are made of them. Chandeliers, steps, magazine racks, fountains, garbage cans, umbrella stands are made from tires. And this is not a complete list of all kinds of options for using old tires. A wide range of tire applications is explained by the material properties: low cost, durability, versatility.
Beautifully painting wheels for a flower bed is an exciting process that requires a careful approach, thinking through every detail and meeting certain requirements. By applying the recommendations outlined above, each owner will be able to turn their garden into a work of art.