For a long time, culinary experts have been freezing fruits and vegetables. This way of preserving food for the winter allows you to cook delicious meals at any time. But experienced housewives have completely adapted to harvest in this way not only vegetables, but also homemade semi-finished products that are completely ready for cooking. For example, frozen stuffed peppers for the winter in the freezer are a real godsend for all busy women. After spending just one evening, at any time after that you can pamper your family with a delicious and hearty dish. After all, for this it is enough just to remove the blanks from the freezer and send them to stew.
Excellent preparation for the winter, helping to save time
How to properly freeze stuffed peppers for the winter
The successful preparation of stuffed peppers for the winter in the freezer depends not only on the recipe itself, but also on the correct choice of the main ingredients.
The very first thing that should be given special attention is the selection of the Bulgarian fruit and its preparation. It is best to give preference to vegetables of the same size, while they should not be too large. Late varieties should be chosen, since they are more fleshy and have a dense skin, which will allow them to maintain their shape during freezing. Be sure to look at the integrity of the fruit. There should be no damage or dents on them.
Advice! It is best to give preference to the red and yellow varieties, since green fruits after heat treatment are slightly bitter.
Having selected suitable and completely integral copies, you can proceed to the preparatory work, which is concluded in the following steps:
- First, the fruits are thoroughly washed under running water.
- They are then wiped off with a paper towel so that the skin is completely dry.
- They begin to remove the stalks, this should be done carefully, without damaging the fruit.
- Cleans the inside of the seeds.
Having completely washed and peeled the peppers, you can start stuffing them for the winter to freeze.
How to stuff peppers for the winter to freeze
Peppers can be stuffed according to different recipes, for example, with meat, minced meat and rice or with vegetables, but the principle of filling the fruits remains unchanged. To do this, prepare the filling and fill it tightly with pre-peeled peppers.
Attention! Peppers should be filled with vegetable filling quite tightly, as well as with meat, but minced meat and rice (if used raw) should be filled, not reaching the edge by 0.5 cm.
Next, a wooden cutting board is wrapped with cling film and the stuffed fruits are spread on it so that they do not come into contact with each other. Then, before sending the blanks to the freezer, they must be cooled, for this they are placed in the refrigerator for an hour. After cooling, the pepper is sent to the freezer at a temperature of -18 degrees, if possible, it is better to use the "Superfreeze" mode. After about 3-4 hours, the blanks are checked, if the peppers are even slightly crumpled when pressed, they should be left for another 20-30 minutes. But you cannot freeze semi-finished products for more than 8 hours, otherwise all the liquid will freeze and in finished form they will be dry.
Completely frozen homemade semi-finished products are packaged in plastic bags or sealed containers. And again they are sent to the freezer for further storage.
Pepper stuffed with meat for the winter in the freezer
Peppers stuffed with meat for the winter can be frozen according to the following recipe. It is the simplest and takes a little time to prepare. In this way, you can harvest semi-finished products if you have a fairly large harvest.
For 1 kg of bell pepper, you need the following ingredients:
- mixed mince (beef and pork) - 0.5 kg;
- rice - 1 tbsp.;
- 1 head of onion;
- salt, pepper - to taste.
- Rice is washed and boiled until half cooked.
- During the cooking of the rice, the peppers are prepared (they are washed and the stalk with seeds is removed).
- Peel the onion and chop it finely.
- Boiled rice is washed under cold running water, allowed to cool completely, and then mixed with rice, onions. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Fill the peppers with the filling.
- Stuffed peppers are placed in a plastic bag and laid out in the freezer so that they do not come into contact with each other. Therefore, it is advisable to pack them in portions of 4-6 pcs.
Attention! Do not add too much spices, as during the cooking process the filling will still have to be salted.
It is best to cook stuffed peppers frozen in the freezer in this way in tomato sauce.
Freezing peppers stuffed with vegetables for the winter
For vegetarians, there is also an interesting recipe for frozen peppers stuffed with vegetables in the freezer for the winter. These semi-finished products can be a great dinner if stewed in tomato sauce.
For 6 medium peppers, prepare:
- 1 head of onion;
- young carrots - 5 pcs.;
- salt - 2/3 tsp;
- sugar - 1 tbsp. l .;
- 2-3 st. l. sunflower oil.
- The bell peppers are washed, the stalks and seeds are removed from them.
- Peel the onion from the husk, chop it finely. Put the pan on the stove, pour oil into it and let it warm up. Then the onion is poured into it. Fry it until transparent.
- Peel carrots and grind them in any convenient way (you can grate them or use a food processor).
- Chopped root vegetables are sent to the pan, stir periodically, stew vegetables for 15 minutes. Then add salt and sugar, mix everything thoroughly.
- The finished filling is removed from the stove and allowed to cool completely, after which peppers are filled with it. It is advisable to put each fruit in a glass and send it to the freezer in this form until it freezes completely.
- After they are removed and packaged in bags. Put it back in the freezer and store it over the winter.
Stuff the peppers with carrots as tightly as possible
Freezing peppers stuffed with meat and rice for the winter
Another great step-by-step recipe for freezing stuffed peppers for the winter in the freezer is a simple option with meat and rice. And to complete such a blank, you will need:
- sweet pepper - 30 pcs.;
- meat (pork and beef) 800 g each;
- oblong rice - 0.5 tbsp.;
- dark rice (wild) - 0.5 tbsp.;
- onions - 2 large heads;
- 6 carrots;
- egg - 1 pc.;
- vegetable oil - 2-3 tbsp. l .;
- spices to taste;
- fresh herbs to taste.
- 2 types of rice are washed well and boiled until half cooked. Washed again and left to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, the peppers are being prepared. They are also washed under running water, the stalks and seeds are removed. Put them on a steam bath to soften.
- Start preparing the filling. To do this, pass the meat through a meat grinder, pour 2 types of boiled rice into it, salt and add spices to taste, break the egg. Mix everything thoroughly.
- Peel onions and carrots, chop (cut onions into small cubes, carrots - tinder on a grater).
- Pour oil into a frying pan, put it on the stove and then fry chopped carrots and onions until golden brown. Stew vegetables for about 8 minutes, stir constantly. Remove from the stove and allow the fried vegetables to cool completely.
- In a cold form, the fried vegetables are transferred to the minced meat, and finely chopped greens are poured into the same place. All mix until smooth and start stuffing the peppers.
- Then lay out 3-4 pieces. in bags and sent to the freezer.
The addition of fried vegetables makes this preparation much tastier.
Freeze pepper stuffed with minced meat for the winter
This recipe for preparation in the form of frozen stuffed peppers for the winter in the freezer will save time for cooking. And to complete you need the following ingredients:
- sweet pepper - 1 kg;
- any minced meat - 600 g;
- 2 heads of onions;
- rice - 1/3 tbsp.;
- 1 egg;
- salt, spices - to taste.
Step by step execution:
- Wash each pepper, removing the stalk and seeds.
- Pour boiling water over the peeled fruits to soften them.
- Next, proceed to rice. It is washed well and sent to boil in boiling water for no more than 5 minutes. Then they are thrown into a colander and washed again. Leave to cool.
- Pour spices and finely chopped onions into the minced meat. Crack the egg and add the undercooked rice.
- The prepared minced meat is tightly filled with sweet pepper pods. Put them on a wooden cutting board and put them in the freezer.
- After complete freezing, semi-finished products are packaged in portions in packages.
In this way, you can prepare a large number of semi-finished products in order to delight the family more often with a delicious dinner.
Stuffed Peppers Recipe for the Winter: Freeze and Fry
In addition to the recipes described above, suggesting freezing stuffed peppers for the winter, there is the option of preparing an almost complete dish, if, in addition, you also prepare frying.
- 20 pcs. sweet pepper;
- mixed mince - 1.5 kg;
- round rice - 1 tbsp.;
- egg - 1 pc.;
- 4 heads of onions;
- 8 pcs. carrots;
- tomatoes - 8 pcs.;
- sunflower oil - 4 tbsp. l .;
- butter - 1 tsp;
- wheat flour - 1 tsp;
- salt and spices to taste;
- fresh herbs - optional.
- Rice is washed under running water and sent to cook. After boiling, it should be kept for no more than 5 minutes, then discarded in a colander and washed again. Allow to cool.
- Peel and wash the peppers, scald them to keep them soft.
- Peel and chop the onions. Carrots are rubbed on a medium grater, the same is done with tomatoes.
- Put a frying pan with butter and vegetable oil on the stove, then after heating put onions, carrots and tomatoes into it. Salt to taste. Stir, continue to simmer for 7-10 minutes over low heat.
- While the frying is stewing, proceed to the minced meat. A little fried carrots and onions are added to it. Break the egg and add spices to taste. Put chopped greens.
- The prepared minced meat is filled with peppers. They are laid out on a wooden cutting board and sent to the freezer.
- Do not forget about the frying. Pour in some flour and mix. Then they are removed from the stove and allowed to cool. Prepare a container, pour the fry into it, close it tightly and also place it in the freezer.
Additional frying will further simplify the cooking process
Freeze peppers stuffed with pork and rice for the winter
Freezing such preparations for the winter as stuffed peppers is an excellent opportunity to save a large harvest. And among all the existing recipes, it is worth highlighting the option with pork and rice. Although minced meat and rice are present in almost all recipes, this one differs in that the finished dish turns out to be quite fatty and juicy.
To stuff 1 kg of bell pepper, you need the following ingredients:
- 700 g minced pork (it is advisable to give preference to the fatty version);
- rice - 5 tbsp. l .;
- a bunch of fresh herbs;
- salt and additional spices to taste.
Algorithm of actions:
- Rinse and peel the pepper.
- Separately combine minced pork with finely chopped herbs and raw rice. Salt and pepper to taste.
- The stuffing is not very dense, since the rice in the recipe is supposed to be taken raw.
- Taking a large bag, put the peppers on it and send them to the freezer until they freeze completely, after which they are packaged in portions.
Thanks to the fatty minced pork, the finished dish will be quite juicy.
How to freeze blanched stuffed peppers for the winter
To preserve the original shape of the peppers as best as possible, they should be stuffed for the winter to freeze in the freezer after pre-blanching.
For 2 kg of sweet pepper you will need:
- meat - 1 kg;
- onions - 300 g;
- egg - 1 pc.;
- rice - 150 g;
- salt and spices to taste.
- First, prepare the peppers (wash, remove all unnecessary).
- Then they start blanching. To do this, bring the water to a boil in a saucepan, reduce the heat and lower the peeled vegetables there. Bring to a boil again, remove from the stove. Remove the peppers and leave to cool completely.
- Then proceed to rice. It is washed well and slightly boiled until half cooked.
- Lean meat and onions are passed through a meat grinder.
- Undercooked rice is added to the resulting minced meat, salt and spices are added as desired. Break the egg and mix everything thoroughly.
- Start stuffing.
- Next, the peppers filled with filling are laid out on a cutting board and sent to the freezer for 3-4 hours. After that, they are removed and laid out in small bags.
Blanching makes peppers freeze much faster.
Do I need to defrost before cooking
There is no need to defrost the stuffed peppers before cooking. It is enough to remove them from the freezer, place them in a saucepan or on a baking sheet, pour over the sauce and send them to stew.
You can store such a blank as stuffed peppers when frozen for the winter for a fairly long time. Naturally, the shelf life will directly depend on the recipe. It can vary from 3 to 12 months under appropriate conditions.
It is also important to understand that a homemade semi-finished product is frozen only once. Re-freezing is completely excluded, since this will affect not only the quality of the dish, but also its taste.
Stuffed peppers for the winter in the freezer is an excellent preparation that will save not only cooking time, but also money, because in the winter season such a vegetable has a considerable cost. In addition, the dish itself, after cooking, can even be served on a festive table.