Mushrooms can be consumed by pregnant women - doctors agree that in reasonable quantities, these mushrooms do no harm. But at the same time, you need to know which champignons are allowed during pregnancy, how to cook them correctly and in what quantities to use.
Is it possible champignons during pregnancy
Since mushrooms are considered a difficult product to digest and, moreover, can lead to poisoning, they are usually prohibited for consumption during pregnancy. However, champignons are an exception - even expectant mothers can eat them in moderation.
Champignons are considered the safest mushrooms of all, because they do not contain harmful substances in their pulp and do not need long-term processing. In addition, they are grown for sale on special farms, and therefore fruit bodies cannot receive any toxins from the soil either. The pulp is quickly digested and well absorbed, and in terms of nutritional value, the product is close to meat and, if necessary, may well replace it during pregnancy.
Vitamins and protein in mushrooms are indispensable during pregnancy
Why mushrooms are useful during pregnancy
The product contains many substances that are important not only for a woman during pregnancy, but also for a developing fetus. In particular, mushrooms contain:
- B vitamins;
- folic acid;
- potassium and iron;
- calcium and magnesium;
- amino acids.
When used correctly, fruiting bodies bring a very beneficial effect. A useful action is that they:
- maintain a healthy body weight during pregnancy and supply the developing fetus with high-quality protein;
- strengthen blood vessels and protect the heart from the development of dangerous ailments;
- have a positive effect on the nervous system, relieve fatigue and stress, improve tone;
- help maintain good digestion and metabolism;
- prevent the development of anemia and vitamin deficiency.
Due to the high content of folic acid, mushrooms are very useful for the child. They contribute to the normal development of the fetal nervous system and reduce the risk of pathologies.
What mushrooms can pregnant women eat
Although mushrooms are very useful during pregnancy, not all types of mushrooms can be consumed during the period of gestation. Doctors allow women during pregnancy to include boiled, stewed, baked and fried mushrooms in their diet, they do not pose a danger to a woman's health and are beneficial.
Do not eat salted and pickled mushrooms during the period of gestation.
But pickled, canned and salted mushrooms must be discarded. First of all, they contain too much salt and spices, so they can negatively affect the functioning of the digestive system and kidneys. In addition, it is precisely cold workpieces under unfavorable circumstances that can be most poisoned, and for women during pregnancy it is doubly dangerous.
Advice! It is recommended to eat fried mushrooms with a minimum amount of oil, so that the product does not harm the digestion and does not contribute to weight gain.
Under normal circumstances, you can collect delicious fresh mushrooms on your own in the forest. However, during pregnancy, it is best to give preference to store copies. In this case, you can be sure that the fruit bodies were grown in ecologically clean conditions, and no dangerous toxins are present in their pulp.
In addition, when collected in the forest, fruiting bodies can be confused with pale toadstool. A poisonous mushroom at the "egg" stage is very similar to a young champignon, and in the absence of experience it is quite possible to make a mistake. Toadstool poisoning is deadly for any person, and during pregnancy it is necessary to completely exclude the very possibility of intoxication.
Important! When choosing mushrooms in a store, you need to look at the color and elasticity of the fruit bodies. Fresh champignons should be white or slightly beige and firm enough.
Features of cooking champignons for pregnant women
So that the product does not harm the woman during pregnancy, the fruiting bodies must first of all be fresh - without dark spots on the caps and unnecessarily soft areas:
- It is allowed to eat boiled, baked, fried and stewed mushrooms during pregnancy. Eating raw mushrooms is not recommended, as it can lead to digestive upset.
- Before cooking the mushrooms, it is important to thoroughly wash and remove the thin skin from their caps.
- For better assimilation, the fruiting bodies should be cut into small pieces. The mushroom pulp contains chitin, which is not digested by the stomach, but when cut, its fibers are damaged. Thus, the assimilation of the mushrooms becomes higher.
- During pregnancy, it is recommended to use less salt and spices when preparing mushroom pulp. Excessive amounts of salt, pepper, and other additives can cause swelling, heartburn, and other unpleasant side effects.
It is better to buy fruiting bodies in the store - it is safer for pregnant women
Boil the mushrooms before cooking for no more than 15-20 minutes. After that, the water from under the fruit bodies is drained, and the mushrooms themselves are prepared according to the selected recipe.
Mushroom recipes for pregnant women
Champignons are used in many dishes that are allowed for pregnant women. But the most popular are recipes according to which you can cook fruit bodies not only tasty, but also quickly.
Mushrooms with potatoes in pots
An appetizing and hearty dish can be prepared with potatoes, vegetables and mushrooms. Before cooking, the mushrooms must be sorted out, leaving only the best fruiting bodies, peeled and boiled. This is followed by:
- wash and cut into small cubes 3 potatoes, finely chop the onion and grate 1 carrot;
- cut into thin slices 60 g of boiled mushrooms;
- quickly fry carrots and onions in sunflower oil - no more than 3-5 minutes, until the onions turn golden;
- place potatoes, chopped mushrooms and fried vegetables in a ceramic pot and cover with water.
The pot is placed in the oven for 40 minutes at 180 ° C, and then removed and enjoyed with a fragrant and tasty dish.
Potatoes with mushroom pieces in pots - a nutritious and healthy dish
Mushroom kebabs are allowed for use during pregnancy; they can successfully replace fatty meat, which you usually have to give up. The recipe looks like this:
- 200 g of champignons are sorted out, washed and peeled, and then boiled for 15 minutes and rinsed again in cold water;
- 1 chopped garlic clove is mixed with 1 small spoonful of soy sauce, 10 ml of vegetable oil and 1 small spoonful of low-fat mayonnaise;
- add 2-3 drops of lemon juice to the mixture and bring to a boil on the stove, and then remove from heat.
Boiled mushroom bodies are poured with hot marinade, mixed, covered with foil and left to marinate for 5 hours. After that, it remains only to plant mushroom caps on skewers and lightly fry - the kebab will turn out to be nutritious, but dietary and harmless.
Mushroom skewers for pregnant women are much healthier than regular
Julienne in the oven
Another recipe suggests cooking mushrooms in the oven along with hard cheese, onions and a quail egg - the dish turns out to be delicious and delicious. According to the recipe, you must:
- sort out 60 g of champignons, peel the freshest of them, rinse and boil for 15 minutes;
- chop a quarter of the onion and fry in butter for a minute, and then add a little flour and cook until tender;
- mix and beat the quail egg with 20 ml of fat sour cream.
After that, boiled mushrooms are fried in a separate frying pan, poured with egg and sour cream dressing and onion frying is added to the mushrooms. In a small container, sprinkle the dish with grated hard cheese, after which it is baked for 20 minutes at a temperature of 180 ° C.
Gourmet julienne is prepared very simply and quickly
How to eat champignons during pregnancy
Champignons are beneficial during pregnancy at all stages of gestation. However, you need to use them correctly:
- In the first trimester of pregnancy, it is recommended to eat about 120 g of champignons per day, the developing fetus needs protein, and the mushrooms can give it in the required amounts.
- In the second and third trimesters, the daily portions of mushrooms can be increased to 150-200 g. Champignons will not cause harm in such volumes, but they will supply the woman's body with calcium, vitamin D and folic acid, all these elements are important for the fetus.
- With all the benefits of champignons, it is recommended to use them during pregnancy not every day. It is enough to eat mushrooms twice or thrice a week.
Attention! Since even champignons are a fairly heavy protein food, pregnant women need to take them in the morning. You shouldn't eat mushrooms at night, as it can disrupt sleep and lead to unpleasant sensations in the stomach.
Contraindications to the use of champignons during pregnancy
Care must be taken when eating mushroom dishes. It is better to give up mushrooms during pregnancy when:
- peptic ulcer, pancreatitis and gastritis in acute form;
- tendency to frequent constipation;
- individual allergic reactions to mushrooms.
Sometimes during pregnancy, women develop intolerance to foods that were previously included in the regular diet. To make sure that champignons do not lead to a negative reaction, it is better to try them in small quantities for the first time during pregnancy and wait a few hours.
Almost all pregnant women can eat champignon dishes.
Champignons are allowed for pregnant women, if there are no contraindications, then fresh mushrooms bought in the supermarket will be beneficial. But you need to pay close attention to the processing and preparation of fruit bodies, and also not to abuse mushroom dishes.