To facilitate the well-being of a patient with sinusitis, traditional medicine is often used. They are not inferior to drugs in efficiency, but they have a more gentle effect on the body. Propolis tincture for sinusitis is in demand due to its antibacterial action. It eliminates puffiness and promotes the outflow of mucus from the nasal cavity.
The benefits of propolis for sinusitis and runny nose
Beekeeping products are known for their immunomodulatory and anti-inflammatory properties. Propolis is considered a prominent representative of medicinal products. It is a resinous substance produced by bees. It is considered an effective antibiotic of natural origin. The benefits of propolis in the treatment of colds are as follows:
- removal of the inflammatory process;
- cough relief;
- cleansing the body of toxic substances;
- elimination of infection and viruses;
- restoration of respiratory function;
- immunomodulatory action;
- strengthening the action of antibacterial drugs.
The propolis-based tincture is especially effective. After it is instilled into the nasal cavity, the breathing process is greatly facilitated. The advantages of this therapy include the rapid action of the remedy. Another advantage is the low likelihood of developing side effects. This is due to the natural origin of the medicinal product.
The effectiveness of treatment of sinusitis with propolis at home
To cope with the symptoms of sinusitis, it is not at all necessary to buy ready-made medications. You can use folk remedies. These include propolis tincture. It has antimicrobial and immunomodulatory effects. During the therapy, the pathogenic bacteria do not have time to acquire resistance to the beekeeping product. Therefore, the tool is highly effective. At the same time, there are no pronounced side symptoms. The distinctive features of the tincture include the possibility of its combined use with drugs. In this case, recovery occurs faster.
How to treat sinusitis with propolis
Sinusitis is accompanied by the accumulation of mucus in the sinuses. It appears as a result of the inflammatory process. Treatment of sinusitis with propolis helps to eliminate the focus of inflammation and expand blood vessels, which helps to normalize respiratory function. Nasal drops or alcohol tincture are regularly instilled into each nostril in turn. Additionally, inhalations and rinsing with propolis are done.
Advice! Before starting treatment, it is advisable to visit a doctor to make sure that there are no contraindications.
Inhalation with propolis for sinusitis
Doctors recommend inhalation with bee products twice a day. The procedure helps to restore respiratory function almost instantly. Its contraindications include:
- chronic form of purulent diseases of the respiratory system;
- increased body temperature;
- period of exacerbation of sinusitis.
The process of preparing the medicinal mixture takes place in several stages:
- Propolis tincture with a concentration of 20% is diluted with 2 liters of boiled water.
- The composition is placed on the stove and brought to a boil.
- It is necessary to position your face over a container of liquid, covering your head with a towel.
- Healing vapors should be inhaled within 15 minutes.
Important! After preparing medicinal products with propolis, it is necessary to wash the cutlery immediately. Otherwise, they will be covered with a hard-to-remove, yellow bloom.
Washing with propolis tincture from sinusitis
With sinusitis, alcohol tincture can be used to flush the sinuses. It is a good alternative to saline solution. Treatment is carried out according to the following principle:
- 1 tsp tinctures are diluted with 1 tbsp. warm water.
- The resulting liquid is sucked in by the nose, and then blown out.
- Rinsing should be done every day before bedtime.
Applications of propolis in the nose with sinusitis
Application in medicine is the method of applying a drug to the surface of the skin or mucous membrane. To complete the procedure, you will need:
- 2 cotton swabs;
- 20% propolis tincture;
- vegetable oil.
Treatment is carried out according to the following principle:
- A cotton swab is dipped in propolis, and then in a vessel with vegetable oil.
- The next step is to insert it into the nasal cavity for half an hour.
- The procedure is done 4 times a day.
Propolis with glycerin for sinusitis
There are many different recipes for folk remedies from propolis for sinusitis. Each of them is effective in its own way. They differ in the components used and the directional action. An oil mixture containing bee glue is used to wipe the nasal cavity. The following ingredients are required:
- 1 tsp sea buckthorn oil;
- 30 g of propolis;
- 1 tsp glycerin;
- 100 g of alcohol.
- Propolis is poured with cold water so that a sediment forms on its surface.
- The floating mixture is placed in a glass container and filled with 96% alcohol.
- After a week of infusion, the liquid is filtered, after which sea buckthorn oil and glycerin are added to it.
- Using cotton swabs, the oil mixture is daily lubricated with the nasal mucosa.
The use of propolis tincture with sinusitis inside
Internal intake of propolis tincture has a general strengthening effect, increasing the body's defenses. This method of treatment is combined with rinsing, inhalations and applications.
20 drops of the tincture are added to a glass of milk or water. The resulting drink is drunk every day before bedtime. It promotes rapid falling asleep by eliminating discomfort in the nasal cavity and providing a calming effect. With prolonged use, it makes the symptoms of the disease less pronounced.
Attention! The average duration of treatment is 7-10 days.
Nasal drops for sinusitis
Homemade nasal drops are no worse than purchased ones. They instantly relieve nasal congestion and make breathing easier. This is due to the elimination of mucosal edema. To prepare drops you will need:
- 50 ml of bee glue tincture;
- 150 ml of vegetable oil.
- The components are mixed thoroughly and poured into a small darkened bottle.
- The resulting product is instilled into each nostril up to 4 times a day.
Relief comes immediately after instillation. It lasts for several hours. The most pronounced effectiveness of drops is noted at an early stage of sinusitis development. In other cases, additional medications may be required.
Propolis ointment for sinusitis
Ointment with propolis is used to put turunda and compresses in the nasal passages. It is often used as an effective preventive measure during the cold season. It is distinguished by its analgesic and regenerative effects. With regular use, it relieves nasal congestion caused by swelling of the mucous membranes.
- 100 g of sea buckthorn oil;
- 15 g of propolis.
- Sea buckthorn oil is heated in a water bath until completely melted.
- Without removing the oil from the stove, propolis is added to it.
- When the mixture becomes homogeneous, it is removed from the heat and filtered.
- Store the medicinal product in an airtight container.
Before using products made on the basis of bee glue, it is necessary to test for an allergic reaction. A small amount of the tincture is applied to the inner surface of the elbow. After 1-2 hours, the reaction of the body is assessed. The absence of rash, itching and swelling indicates that the beekeeping product is well tolerated. If you experience allergy symptoms, you cannot use the tincture.
The finished product prepared for the treatment of sinusitis is stored in the refrigerator or dark cabinet. It is important to seal the container with a lid and avoid direct exposure to light. If used correctly, the remedy will last 3 years. During treatment with propolis, the following rules should be taken into account:
- the maximum heating temperature of the components during cooking is 80 ° C;
- after using drops based on propolis, the nasal passages must be rinsed;
- when the first signs of allergy appear, you need to see a doctor;
- it is strictly forbidden to exceed the dosage of the medicinal product.
Beekeeping products are considered the most common allergens. Therefore, during the treatment of sinusitis, it is necessary to exercise caution and take into account contraindications. These include:
- pregnancy and lactation;
- allergic reaction;
- age up to 3 years;
- diseases of the liver and biliary tract;
- period of exacerbation of chronic diseases.
It is also not recommended to use the remedy for a long time. If there is no positive dynamics, you should consult a doctor for a different treatment. Due to the presence of alcohol in the composition during treatment, it is undesirable to get behind the wheel and perform work that requires special concentration.
Tincture of propolis for sinusitis is used in a course, in combination with other drugs. When used correctly, it relieves nasal congestion and discomfort quickly enough. In advanced cases, it is not always effective enough.