Flywheels are far from being the most popular fruit bodies among lovers of quiet hunting, but when canned they have a truly amazing taste. To pamper your family with a crunchy, aromatic snack during the winter season, it is worth collecting and preparing several tubs of these mushrooms. It is customary to salt mushrooms in various ways - from traditional to modern. Variants of mixed pickles are very tasty when boletus or boletus is added to the Polish mushroom.
Mokhoviks got their name from their favorite habitat - in the moss.
Is it possible to salt mushrooms
These mushrooms make excellent pickles, suitable for both everyday and festive tables. Salted mushrooms are served as a snack or with a side dish. Can be used for cooking mushroom pickles, baking pies and pizzas, making salads. Salting of mushrooms has its own characteristics and secrets:
- only hats should be used, it is better to use the legs for cooking caviar or soups;
- you need to choose young, not overgrown and not wormy specimens;
- you can salt in oak barrels, enameled, ceramic or glass containers, it is also permissible to use stainless steel dishes;
- when collecting or buying mushrooms, attention is needed so that false poisonous species do not get into the dish.
Attention! You should not collect and eat mushrooms collected along busy highways, near large factories, landfills. They are able to actively accumulate toxic substances from the air and earth.
Not only Polish mushrooms can get into the basket after a quiet hunt
How to salt mushrooms for the winter in jars
The simplest and most affordable in modern conditions is the pickling of mushrooms in jars. To do this, the glass container must be sterilized: in the oven, steamed, in a pan with water. Metal lids should be boiled in water for at least 10 minutes or placed in the oven along with the jars, after removing the rubber bands.
The crop should be sorted out, cleaned of forest debris. Cut off damaged areas and roots. Remove the legs, cut the caps in half or into quarters if necessary.
Then the mushrooms should be boiled in boiling water at the rate of 2.5 liters per 2.5 kg of caps for 25-30 minutes, removing the foam with a slotted spoon. Place on a sieve to remove excess liquid. Then you can start salting the mushrooms in jars.
Attention! Do not use galvanized or aluminum utensils for cooking, storing or salting mushrooms.
The classic recipe for salted mushrooms
There is a traditional recipe for salted mushrooms, according to which our great-grandmothers made preparations.
- hats - 3.9 kg;
- salt - 180 g;
- horseradish, currant and cherry leaves - 5-8 pcs. depending on the size;
- horseradish root - 20 g;
- dill with umbrellas - 9 pcs.
- Pour boiling water over the shell, dry.
- Put green leaves, finely chopped root on the bottom, 1/6 of the mushrooms on them, pour 30 g of salt.
- Continue to lay the ingredients in layers, finishing with greenery.
- Cover with clean gauze, press down with a flat plate or a lid with oppression - a jar or bottle of water, clean river bare.
- Within a month and a half, the tub should be in a cool, ventilated room. After this period, the salted mushrooms are ready.
Advice! You should not add garlic when salting mushrooms - it changes its color to blue, which looks unappetizing.
Ready-made mushrooms can be eaten directly from the tub, or transferred to jars, filled with brine
How to salt mushrooms hot
Hot-salted mushrooms are ready in 2 weeks.
Have to take:
- Polish mushrooms - 2.5 kg;
- salt - 60 g;
- bay leaf - 3-6 pcs.;
- peppercorns - 6 grains;
- green leaf of currant, horseradish, raspberry, dill with umbrellas - what is available.
- Put spices and herbs at the bottom of the cans.
- Boil mushrooms in 0.5 l of water with salt.
- In a boiling state, arrange in jars, adding brine to the neck.
- Cork hermetically.
The process of hot salting of mushrooms and boletus mushrooms is presented in the video.
How can you salt mushrooms in a cold way?
The cold method is also quite suitable for salting mushrooms at home.
- mushrooms - 3.2 kg;
- salt - 200 g;
- horseradish leaves, raspberries, dill umbrellas - 5-8 pcs.
How to salt:
- Put greens, part of the salt at the bottom of the cans.
- Lay out the hats in layers, pouring salt and shifting the leaves.
- Close the top with clean gauze and leave in a cool place for a month and a half.
Ready-made pickles can be sterilized and hermetically sealed or moved to the refrigerator.
Flywheels should be boiled in water until they settle to the bottom.
How to salt mushrooms with boletus mushrooms
A recipe for salted mushrooms with boletus mushrooms for the winter is presented. You need to take:
- flywheels - 1.6 kg;
- boletus mushrooms - 1.5 kg;
- salt - 150 g.
- Put the mushrooms still warm after boiling into the jars, sprinkle the layers with salt.
- Tamp to show the juice, seal with sterile lids.
- Put in a cool place for 35-45 days, after which you can taste.
The salty mixture of mushrooms turns out to be amazing in taste and appetizing in appearance
How to salt mushrooms with horseradish, cherry and currant leaves for the winter
With the addition of spicy and astringent greens, the pickles turn out to be spicy and pungent, with a special aroma. Required products:
- mushrooms - 3.5 kg;
- water - 3.5 l;
- salt - 200 g;
- carnation - 10 inflorescences;
- a mixture of peppers and peas - 11-15 pcs .;
- oak, cherry, currant, horseradish leaves - 2-5 pcs. depending on the size;
- dill stalks with seeds - 4 pcs.;
- laurel leaf - 4 pcs.
- Pour 60 g of salt, spices and mushrooms into boiling water, cook until the caps settle to the bottom, fold into a sieve and rinse.
- Put a layer of green leaves on the bottom of the dish, then a layer of mushrooms, sprinkle with salt.
- Lay out the layers, finishing with greenery.
- Cover with clean gauze, set a saucer or plate with oppression.
- Keep in a cool place. After 15 days, it can be put into banks and rolled up.
Important! When salting mushrooms at home, you should follow the recipe and heat treatment time to avoid the appearance of mold and pathogenic bacteria.
For canned food to be stored longer, the brine must be boiled and filled with mushrooms placed in jars.
How to pickle mushrooms in a bucket
Mushrooms are salted in enamel buckets. Ingredients:
- mushrooms - 3.3 kg;
- salt - 220 g;
- horseradish, oak, black currant leaves - 5-9 pcs.;
- horseradish root - 50 g;
- chili pepper - 2-3 pods;
- cloves, dill umbrellas - 10-15 pcs.
How to cook:
- Put greens at the bottom of the container, some spices to taste.
- Spread the cooled mushrooms in layers, sprinkle with salt and shift the leaves every 0.6-0.8 kg.
- Finish laying with sheets, cover with gauze, put oppression on a flat plate or lid to show the juice.
It takes 35 to 60 days for the mushrooms to be salted. After that, the surprisingly tasty product can be eaten.
Important! Mushrooms should be salted only with coarsely ground gray salt.
Chili peppers can be added whole or cut into slices
Blanched moss salting recipe
You can salt the mushrooms for the winter with preliminary blanching. The result is a product with a special taste.
- mushrooms - 2.8 kg;
- salt - 170 g;
- spicy leaves (horseradish, celery, currants, oak, cherries, raspberries, which are available) - 5-6 pcs.;
- horseradish or parsley root - 30 g;
- dill umbrellas - 5 pcs.;
- a mixture of peppers - 2 g.
How to cook:
- Put the flywheels in the blanching net for 6-9 minutes in boiling water.
- Cool quickly in ice water.
- Put herbs and spices in a container.
- Lay the mushrooms in layers, sprinkle with salt and alternate with herbs.
- Cover with gauze, press down so that the juice comes out.
In 10-15 days, the wonderful salted mushrooms will be ready.
Small specimens need not be cut
Salted mushrooms in open containers should be stored in dry, ventilated rooms at a temperature of no more than 6-8 degrees, away from heating appliances and sunlight. A basement, refrigerator or heated veranda is suitable. If the mushrooms are hermetically sealed, it is permissible to leave them at a temperature of 18-25 degrees. Shelf life is 6 months.
You can salt the mushrooms in various ways - both in cans and in any suitable container. They ripen for quite a long time, from one and a half to two months with a cold salting method. They can be served on the table as an independent dish, with boiled or fried potatoes, with cereals. Subject to the recipe and storage conditions, conservation survives remarkably until the next mushroom season.