Industrial blowers are multifunctional devices that allow you to create excess pressure (0.1-1 atm) or vacuum (up to 0.5). Usually this is a large-scale equipment with a complex design.
Such devices are capable of operating for a long time at maximum loads. Industrial units are able to function under water and in adverse conditions.
Most blowers are versatile devices that are capable of pumping and creating a vacuum.
The main areas of use for industrial blowers are:
- For aeration of water bodies. Due to aeration, the water is saturated with air or oxygen. In water treatment systems, this allows you to remove manganese, iron and various volatile substances from the water. The result is improved water quality. In fisheries, oxygenation of water contributes to the development of fish and other inhabitants of artificial reservoirs.
- Transportation of bulk materials. Equipment designed for the rapid movement of bulk components is called pneumatic conveying. This operation is carried out by vortex devices capable of creating a dense air flow. Pneumatic conveying with a blower is easy to use, quick to assemble, silent and does not require additional air drying or cooling systems.
- Maintaining combustion. Combustion is maintained using industrial equipment, which is necessary for roasting and drying kilns.
- Drying of films and surfaces covered with varnishes or paints. The air flow generated by the blower is used to dry the film. First you need to develop it, after which the required amount of solution is removed by blowing. Then, under the influence of vacuum, the film is dried.
- Vacuum related industries. Blowers are actively used in the production of castings by the vacuum method, packaging, and gas sampling.
- Ventilation, dust and dirt removal. The device can be used as an industrial vacuum cleaner to remove various contaminants. Blowers are used to remove material residues from conveyor belts, weaving and other machines.
Depending on the design, there are several types of industrial blowers. They differ in noise and vibration levels, performance, and engine type. The choice of a device depends on the area in which you plan to use it and its performance.
In piston blowers, a large volume of air is captured, which is forced by the forward movement of the piston. Their main advantage is the creation of a high working pressure.
Piston blowers are distinguished by their low cost, high efficiency and versatility. Installations are subdivided into dry and oil installations. Dry ones have a shorter lifespan, give out clean air and are suitable for occasional use.
This type of equipment is considered obsolete and is being replaced by more efficient devices.
A device of this type contains rotors equipped with blades of complex shapes. As they rotate, the air is compressed and then directed through the hole. In the working cavity of such a system, there is an oil mixture that reduces friction.
The advantages of screw units are:
- low vibrations and noise level;
- no need to prepare the foundation for their installation;
- clean produced air;
- the presence of an automatic control system.
The disadvantages of this equipment include the complexity of the mechanism, high oil consumption at increased loads and the high cost of the screw block.
Twin rotor blowers
If it is necessary to obtain high pressure, two-rotor gas blowers are chosen. Their working cavity has two rotors that rotate synchronously.
These are practical devices that have the following advantages:
- low noise and vibration;
- long service life;
- simple construction.
The disadvantage of such devices is their low energy consumption. Another negative factor is the pulsation of the air flow, which creates increased vibrations. The result is increased wear on the mechanism.
This effect can be reduced by means of shock-absorbing cushions and a casing with sound insulating properties.
These devices are a radial type dynamic compressor. The movement of the air flow in them occurs in the perpendicular direction to the axis of rotation.
The advantages of centrifugal blowers are:
- high performance;
- work in continuous mode;
- low noise level;
- safety due to the lack of interaction between gas and oil;
- the convenience of use.
Their disadvantages include the need for lubrication and additional cooling.
The submersible device is designed for installation at the bottom of water bodies. Water provides cooling to the case, which increases the life of the mechanism. The submersible equipment is silent and fully automated.
Turbo blowers are used for high compressed air consumption. Their principle of operation is similar to that of centrifugal devices. Air is pumped under the action of centrifugal force, which is provided by the rotation of the impeller.
Turbo blowers are subdivided into single-stage (create a head above 3, but not more than 6 m) and multi-stage (head up to 30 m). Such devices are suitable for aeration, material transport, air curtains, container drying and moisture removal from surfaces prior to final coating.
Vortex-type devices have side channels in which there is a repeated impact on the gas through the impeller. The result is increased kinetic energy and high pressure.
Vortex equipment operates almost silently, is compact in size and highly reliable. During its operation, there are no vibrations and pulsations of air flows.
According to the KDP, such devices are inferior to centrifugal models. Another disadvantage is the need to use a filter, since the ingress of foreign objects can damage the device.
In electrical units, air is supplied by the operation of an electric motor. Such equipment is less expensive than mechanical devices.
Important! These blowers consume more electricity, but have a higher performance.
Criterias of choice
The main requirement for an industrial blower is compressed air demand. There is no need for a large stock here, since backup equipment is used in emergency situations.
Important! When choosing a blower, the maximum pressure drop is taken into account.
Depending on the purpose of the device, you need to pay attention to the following nuances:
- air flow quality (requirements for dryness, absence of foreign particles);
- functioning in vacuum mode;
- features of service, its cost and simplicity (this cost item should be less than 1% of the cost of the device);
- noise level, especially if the equipment operates near a residential area.
The main manufacturers of blowers are European companies that supply efficient and high-quality equipment. Each firm specializes in the production of a certain type of product.
The main foreign manufacturers of this industrial equipment are:
- Busch. One of the largest compressor manufacturers based in Germany. The company produces twin-rotor blowers (Tyr models) and vortex blowers (Samos models).
- Becker. Another German manufacturer that deals with industrial vacuum equipment. The product range includes oil-free, vortex and screw compressors. The devices comply with environmental standards and are characterized by stable performance.
- Lutos. Czech company that produces rotary and screw devices for water purification, transport of substances, mixing gases and other applications. Gas blowers are presented in two series: DT and VAN.
- Robuschi. An Italian manufacturer that specializes in the production of screw and rotary devices.
- Elmo Rietschle. A German company that produces a wide range of blowers. Vortex, rotary and centrifugal devices are characterized by low noise levels and the ability to work with hot gases.
- FPZ. An Italian company that produces one- and two-stage vortex devices capable of operating in an aggressive environment.
- Atlas Copro. The Swedish company produces oil-free rotary and centrifugal units that comply with the ISO standard. The manufactured equipment allows to save energy consumption due to the variable frequency drive. The monitoring system monitors system performance and provides information on faults.
Domestic blower manufacturers are:
- CCM. SpetsStroyMashina is a Russian company that manufactures air blowers. The range includes rotary and centrifugal devices. Industrial units provide oil-free air compression at low pressure and high performance. The product range includes the BP, BP GE, BC series and others, which differ in technical characteristics.
- SPKZ "ILKOM". The St. Petersburg Compressor Plant produces vortex and centrifugal devices of various designs.
- ERSTEVAK. Russian manufacturer supplying a wide range of vortex devices and turbo blowers to the market.
An industrial blower is a versatile device capable of performing a wide range of tasks. Such equipment allows you to effectively eliminate pollution, enrich water with oxygen, move bulk substances, dry the surface, etc.
The choice of blower design depends on the conditions in which it is to be used. The cost of maintenance and repair, dimensions and technical characteristics of the device must be taken into account.
The leading positions in the market of compression equipment are occupied by foreign companies that produce a wide range of blowers.