Turkey with oyster mushrooms is a simple and hearty dish that can be served both on weekdays and at the festive table. Low-calorie meat in combination with iron-rich mushrooms will easily fit into both therapeutic and dietary rations.
Secrets of cooking turkey with oyster mushrooms
Oyster mushrooms are a unique product not only in their composition, but also in their beneficial effects on the human body. Their main advantage is immunomodulatory properties that can inhibit the development of malignant and benign tumors. In addition, the use of mushrooms is a good prevention of gastrointestinal diseases, including ulcers, prevents the development of atherosclerosis and hypertension.
The introduction of oyster mushrooms into the diet contributes to:
- increased immunity;
- normalization of metabolism;
- elimination of "bad" cholesterol.
This type of mushroom is rich in chitin, amino acids, vitamins and trace elements, especially iron and iodine. Thanks to easily digestible proteins and long digestion, oyster mushrooms prolong the feeling of satiety, help control appetite, which is an important factor for people on a diet.
Another well-known dietary product is turkey. The meat of this bird contains a small amount of cholesterol, and the enzyme in its composition prevents the absorption of fats. Turkey, like oyster mushrooms, is rich in iron and is one of the recommended foods for anemia.
Its introduction into the diet allows to normalize metabolism, stimulates cell renewal, improves brain activity and hematopoiesis processes. Calcium contained in meat strengthens bone tissue, magnesium protects the heart muscle, and phosphorus normalizes carbohydrate and protein metabolism.
Turkey fillet with oyster mushrooms is an excellent option for a full meal, both during a diet and in normal nutritional conditions. However, in order to get the maximum benefit and not lose in terms of taste, you need to be able to properly prepare the ingredients and know all the nuances of their preparation.
There are a number of subtleties associated with the preparatory period and the very process of cooking this dish:
- The poultry breast is dry, so pickling or various sauces and gravies should be used when processing it.
- You can preserve the juiciness of the meat by keeping the fillet for 2-3 hours in slightly salted water.
- The most juicy versions of the dish are obtained by roasting the turkey in a sleeve or foil.
- Oyster mushrooms do not need to be soaked before cooking, they do not need to be boiled beforehand.
- Mushrooms of this type have a weakly pronounced taste and aroma, therefore, they require use when cooking spices and herbs.
Turkey oyster mushroom recipes
Most of the recipes, which include turkey and oyster mushrooms, have a low level of difficulty and are available for execution regardless of the skill level of the cook. For more experienced chefs, nothing prevents them from experimenting, achieving new shades of the taste palette.
A simple recipe for turkey with oyster mushrooms
The easiest recipe for this dietary mushroom meat includes ingredients found in any refrigerator. However, the cooking method is not critical. Turkey with oyster mushrooms can be stewed, fried or baked.
The dish turns out to be very juicy
- turkey fillet - 500 g;
- mushrooms - 250 g;
- carrots - 100 g;
- onions - 100 g;
- greens - 30 g;
- spices to taste.
Step by step cooking:
- Peel and chop vegetables.
- Cut the turkey into small pieces, the mushrooms into slices.
- Fry poultry in a frying pan in a little oil.
- Add spices, then add mushrooms, cover and simmer for 15 minutes (add a little boiled water or broth if necessary).
- Send carrots and onions to the pan, and 2 minutes before the end of cooking - chopped greens.
To make the dish especially juicy, it is recommended to fry in butter.
Turkey with oyster mushrooms in sour cream
Sour cream is a fermented milk product that can be used as a base for most white and red sauces. Thanks to spices and meat and mushroom juice, sour cream sauce acquires a unique taste.
Sour cream sauce becomes thicker if you add 1 tbsp. l. flour
- oyster mushrooms - 500 g;
- the thigh of a turkey - 500 g;
- sour cream - 250 ml;
- onion - 1 pc.;
- spices (dry basil, thyme, white pepper) - 1 pinch each.
Step by step cooking:
- Turn on the multicooker, set the "Fry" mode and pour 40 ml of vegetable oil into the bowl of the appliance.
- Wash the mushrooms under running water and cut arbitrarily.
- Peel the onion, chop it in half rings and send it along with the mushrooms to a slow cooker for 5-7 minutes.
- Chop the thigh of the bird into small portioned pieces, put in a slow cooker.
- Add 50 ml of water and set the "Quenching" mode.
- Cook for 45-50 minutes.
- Salt sour cream, mix with spices and dry herbs and send to a slow cooker for meat.
- Simmer for 5-7 minutes.
If desired, the gravy can be slightly thickened by adding a tablespoon of flour.
Turkey with oyster mushrooms in a creamy sauce
The creamy sauce has a mild, delicate taste. People on a diet can use the fat-free version of the cream, then the calorie content of the dish will be noticeably reduced.
You can add crushed hazelnuts or almonds to the dish
- turkey fillet - 800 g;
- oyster mushrooms - 400 g;
- onions - 200 g;
- garlic - 2 cloves;
- mustard - 10 g;
- cream (15%) - 300 ml;
- dry thyme - 4 branches;
- greens (dill, cilantro) - 50 g;
- Chop onions, mushrooms and fry everything in a pan in vegetable oil.
- Place the roast in a separate bowl.
- Cut the meat into small pieces and fry it in the same pan.
- Return mushrooms and onions, add thyme and spices, simmer for another 7 minutes.
- Mix the cream with the mustard and add them to the pan. Simmer over low heat for 2-3 minutes.
- At the end of cooking, sprinkle with finely chopped herbs.
You can enrich the taste of turkey with oyster mushrooms in cream by adding crushed almonds or hazelnuts.
Turkey with oyster mushrooms in the oven
All recipes can be modified to your liking. You can change its shades with the help of spices, herbs, as well as various types of vegetable oils (sesame, corn).
You can bake the turkey in a sleeve or in a parchment envelope
- poultry breast - 700 g;
- mushrooms - 300 g;
- mayonnaise - 150 g;
- walnuts - 50 g;
- hard cheese - 200 g;
Step by step cooking:
- Gently cut the fillet into steaks across the fibers.
- Put the meat on a baking sheet covered with foil, sprinkle with spices.
- Grate the cheese.
- Brush each piece with mayonnaise and sprinkle with chopped nuts and cheese.
- Place the meat in an oven heated to 190-200 ° C for 40-50 minutes.
You can bake meat in the oven using a special sleeve or parchment envelope. In this case, it will turn out to be more juicy and tender.
Important! Cutting the meat across the grain will "seal" the juice inside the steaks and allow better baking or roasting.
Calorie content of turkey with oyster mushrooms
Both turkey and oyster mushrooms have a fairly low calorie content. 100 g of poultry meat contains only 115 kcal, and mushrooms - no more than 40 kcal. Such a low energy value allows the use of recipes during a diet or sports regimen.
Oyster mushrooms take a long time to digest, due to which they significantly prolong the feeling of satiety, and turkey, which is an easily digestible protein, gives energy and strength.
The calorie content of the dish increases with the use of additional ingredients, for example, heavy cream or sour cream. In the first case, the total energy value will increase by 200 kcal, in the second, slightly less - by 150 kcal.
Turkey with oyster mushrooms is a dish that even a beginner can easily and quickly prepare. It fits perfectly into a protein diet, suitable for athletes and people who adhere to the principles of proper nutrition.