Irregular use of chemical fertilizers and the same plant protection products depletes the soil. Sometimes it becomes simply unsuitable for growing crops, since the crop grown on it is dangerous to eat. Therefore, the number of supporters of organic farming, which excludes the use of any "chemistry" is growing every year. But tomatoes are sick in all gardeners. We have to process them in order not only to cure, but also to prevent diseases with late blight, Alternaria and black spot. If you don't want to use "chemistry", then the treatment of tomatoes with phytosporin is the best option. It is suitable not only for supporters of live farming, but also for all gardeners who want to grow a high yield of healthy tomatoes.
Composition and benefits for plants
Fitosporin is a microbiological preparation. It is a bacterial fungicide and a biological pesticide. It contains bacillus subtilis or hay bacillus - a gram-positive, aerobic, spore-forming bacterium, both the culture itself and its spores.
Attention! Due to its ability to produce antibiotics, amino acids and immunoactive factors, hay bacillus is an antagonist of many pathogenic microorganisms.
Phytosporin is multifunctional:
- It is a systemic microbiological fungicide. It penetrates into the tissues of tomatoes and, spreading through the vascular system of plants, inhibits the growth and development of pathogens of many tomato diseases, including Alternaria, late blight, black rot. It creates a protective film on all parts of tomatoes that prevents pathogenic flora from penetrating through it.
- The use of phytosporin allows you to suppress the growth of pathogenic microorganisms on the surface of the soil, therefore, it can disinfect it.
- The immunoactive factors produced by the hay bacillus are immunostimulants for plants and increase their immunity in general and their resistance to late blight, Alternaria and black rot in particular.
- Thanks to the immunoactive factors and certain amino acids produced by the hay bacillus, the damaged tissues of tomatoes are restored, their growth and quality of fruits are enhanced.
Fitosporin has a number of features useful for gardeners:
- a wide temperature range in which bacteria exist - from minus 50 to plus 40 degrees, when frozen, they turn into a spore state, when normal conditions for existence occur, bacteria resume their vital activity;
- the effectiveness of phytosporin can reach 95 percent;
- the ability to process tomatoes in any period of growth. Phytosporin-treated tomatoes have no waiting period. Vegetables can be eaten even on the day of processing, you just need to wash them well.
- The drug has the fourth degree of danger and is low-toxic. The safety of hay bacteria for humans has been proven. Some of its varieties are used as medicine.
- Fitosporin is well compatible with a number of chemical pesticides, fertilizers and growth regulators.
- Possibility of long-term storage of the working solution.
Warning! The solution should not be stored in the light. The bright sunlight will kill the bacteria and there will be no benefit from the treatment.
Form of release of the drug phytosporin
Fitosporin-M is available in several forms: as a powder in sachets with a capacity of 10 or 30 grams of the drug, in the form of a paste - one packet contains 200 grams of phytosporin in liquid form.
Advice! When preparing a working solution, it is convenient to use a teaspoon, which contains 3.5 grams of dry preparation.
There are other forms of the drug:
- Fitosporin-M, Zh extra - the active ingredient is enriched with the addition of humic substances and a full set of microelements in a chelated form available for tomatoes; It is used for pre-sowing treatment of seeds and processing of tomatoes and other plants during the growing season. Not only fights tomato diseases, but also stimulates the formation of immunity, enhances growth, fights against stress in plants;
- Fitosporin-M tomatoes - fortified with the addition of trace elements, the composition and quantity of which is best suited specifically for tomatoes.
Features of processing tomatoes
To maximize the benefits for tomatoes when treated with phytosporin, you need to dilute the drug correctly and observe a number of conditions.
- Do not use metal utensils and utensils that previously contained any chemical substances.
- Use clean, non-hard and non-chlorinated water.
- The water temperature is not higher than 35 degrees, since bacteria die already at 40 degrees.
- Spraying should not be carried out in cold weather, bacteria are inactive during such a period and the benefits of such treatment are small. Plants need to be processed in calm and always cloudy weather, since bright sunlight is harmful to bacteria.
- The prepared solution must stand for at least two hours before processing in order for the hay bacteria to become active. Do not expose the prepared solution to the sun.
- You need to process the entire plant, including the lower surface of the leaves.
Consumption rates and frequency of processing
The powder is diluted with warm water in the following proportions:
- for soaking seeds - half a teaspoon per 100 milliliters of water, keep the seeds for 2 hours;
- for pre-planting root soaking - 10 grams per 5 liters of water, holding time up to 2 hours, it is possible to water the planted seedlings with a prepared solution, which will simultaneously disinfect the soil;
- for preventive spraying - 5 grams of powder per 10 liters of water, frequency - every ten days, when washing off the protective film with water due to rain, the treatment should be repeated.
Phytosporin based paste.
- The concentrate is prepared in the proportion: for one part of the pasta - two parts of water. For further use, the concentrate is diluted in water.
- For seed treatment - 2 drops of concentrate per 100 ml of water.
- For root treatment - 15 drops of concentrate per 5 liters of water.
- For spraying tomatoes - 3 teaspoons per ten-liter bucket. The frequency of processing is every ten to fourteen days.
Warning! The working solution must not be mixed with fermented milk products, for example, whey, since the lactobacilli contained in it neutralize the action of hay bacteria.
It never rains in a greenhouse, so the protective film on tomatoes lasts longer. Therefore, the treatment of greenhouse tomatoes with phytosporin has its own characteristics, which the video tells about:
And here is how to use this drug for seedlings:
The use of phytosporin will not only protect tomatoes from major diseases, but also make the plants stronger, and the fruits tastier and healthier.