Pine nuts are characterized by a bittersweet taste and excellent nutritional value. They are used for culinary, cosmetic and health-improving purposes. The benefits and harms of pine nuts are considered a subject of controversy for doctors and supporters of alternative treatments. Depending on the situation, the product can both harm and have a beneficial effect.
Composition and useful properties of pine nuts
The benefits and harms to the body of pine nuts are explained by their valuable composition. The product is considered a storehouse of fats, trace elements and amino acids. It also contains vitamins of groups B, E, C and A. The benefits of the fruits of the cedar tree are concentrated in environmental friendliness. They grow deep in Siberian forests, away from exhaust fumes. The beneficial effects on health are attributed to the following properties:
- normalization of heart rate, due to the potassium content;
- acceleration of the process of assimilation of glucose due to the presence of manganese in the composition;
- changes in blood composition;
- fast healing of the damaged skin surface;
- stabilization of visual and auditory functions;
- normalization of carbohydrate-fat balance;
- restoration of the prostate gland;
- strengthening muscle and bone tissue;
- restoration of the thyroid gland;
- improving mental performance.
The product is often included in therapeutic diets. It helps trick the body into feeling full. This is most important in the process of losing weight. Pine nuts can be a great addition to a vegetable salad. This meal will be a substitute for dinner or a snack.
The seeds of the cedar tree contain hormones of happiness. They help to cope with stressful situations and it is easier to endure serious illnesses. By strengthening the immune defense, the product affects the body's susceptibility to bacteria and viral pathologies. Therefore, doctors recommend practicing its use during the cold season.
Advice! It is not recommended to subject the product to heat treatment. This affects the taste and health benefits.
Pine nut kernel
Kernels are most often eaten. Pine nuts are enriched in salads (as shown in the photo below), flour products and used as a snack. The bulk is represented by fats. Oil is made from the kernel of cedar seeds. It has the following properties:
- restorative effect on the body;
- increased physical and mental activity;
- decrease in the intensity of allergy symptoms;
- stabilization of the functioning of the reproductive system;
- strengthening of blood vessels;
- improving digestion;
- normalization of the state of the nervous system.
Film of pine nut kernel
The filmic part of the fruit includes tannins, glucose, fiber and amino acids. In medicine, it is used for the preparation of decoctions. Healing raw materials have a beneficial effect on all vital systems. Walnut film is used as pillow filler. The product helps to normalize sleep and eliminate pathologies of the nervous system due to its subtle aroma. The benefit of these pillows lies in the ability to restore thermoregulation.
Pine nut partitions
Nuts' partitions are prized for their iodine content. Eating them helps to stabilize the thyroid gland, which reduces the risk of mastopathy, fibroids and adenomas. Partitions are often used to make a medicinal decoction. The product also benefits from the following:
- reduced sweating;
- help in exercising weight control;
- lowering blood pressure;
- improvement of the respiratory system;
- elimination of pain in the back;
- fight against digestive disorders;
- prevention of deviations of the nervous system.
Pine nut resin
The resin of cedar fruits is called sap. It has a coniferous aroma and a viscous consistency. Its function is to protect the tree from pathogens. There are 3 main types of resin:
The chemical composition of cedar gum is represented by fatty acids, volatile substances, resinotannolates and sesquiterpenes. The benefits of the resin are as follows:
- increased physical activity;
- antioxidant effect;
- stimulation of the protective properties of cells;
- improving brain function;
- bringing the digestive organs back to normal;
- stabilization of metabolism;
- restorative effect on the body;
- improving the condition of the skin surface;
- starting the process of forming new cells.
How are pine nuts useful?
It is extremely difficult to overestimate the benefits of pine nuts for the human body. They help maintain immunity in a normal state and prevent serious pathologies. Regular consumption of the fruits of the cedar tree in food makes the body stronger. They replenish the supply of vitamins and minerals, eliminating the risk of developing vitamin deficiency. It is especially useful to eat nuts during the cold season.
Important! To improve the digestibility of cedar tree seeds, they are recommended to be consumed in the afternoon.
Why pine nuts are useful for women
The benefit of the product for women lies in the ability to improve the condition of the skin surface, nails and hair. This is due to its valuable composition. Doctors recommend using not only kernels, but also shells. With its help, decoctions and infusions are made that help stabilize the reproductive system. In gynecology, a healing agent is valued for its ability to eliminate edema, improve the condition of the genitourinary organs and normalize metabolic processes.
Benefits of pine nuts for pregnant women
Pine nuts are good for pregnant women too. The presence of amino acids in the composition allows them to be used to increase the protective forces. The presence of vitamin K provides protection against possible bleeding. Thanks to the content of thiamine, it has a beneficial effect on the formation of the nervous system in the fetus. Vitamin PP promotes good blood circulation, which helps the fetus to receive the necessary substances at the proper level.
Pine nuts when breastfeeding
With HS, pine nuts are prescribed to improve the nutritional value of breast milk. They help to replenish the daily requirement for arginine and vitamins of groups C, A and B. Pine nuts during lactation are allowed to be included in the diet only one month after delivery. Previously, you should exclude the possibility of individual intolerance.
The benefits of pine nuts for men
The benefits and harms of pine nuts for men are discussed by andrologists. The healing component is often used to stimulate potency and improve the quality of semen. The beneficial effect on the male genital organs is due to the presence of zinc in the composition, which is responsible for the formation of seminal fluid. In men with reduced fertility, the product should be given special priority. For potency, pine nuts are taken in conjunction with other types of nuts. They can be a great alternative to protein foods.
Is it possible for children to have pine nuts
Children are allowed to eat pine nuts only if they are not allergic. It is advisable not to introduce the product into the diet at the age of less than 3-4 years. You also need to follow the recommendations:
- the first time they give no more than 4 g of fruit, which helps to analyze the child's reaction;
- the optimal daily dosage in preschool age is 20 g, in school age - no more than 40 g;
- it is important to monitor the consumption of seeds in moderation, as overeating threatens digestion difficulties.
At what age can pine nuts for children
Officially, the fruits of the cedar tree are allowed to be given from 3 years old. But much depends on the state of health of the child. If a baby develops a rash or a stool disorder, nuts are excluded from the diet. The product is extremely contraindicated for allergy sufferers. Before introducing it into the diet, in each individual case, it is necessary to consult a pediatrician.
The benefits of pine nuts for children
Children need constant intake of nutrients in the body. This ensures the correct formation of vital organs. The benefits of nuts are especially noticeable during puberty. The vitamins that make up them are responsible for the production of sex hormones and the development of external sexual characteristics.
Recipes for the pine nut treatment
Due to its medicinal properties, pine nuts are used for the prevention and treatment of various diseases. They can be used as an independent component or as an addition to other folk remedies. According to statistics, there is high efficiency in the treatment of the following diseases:
- inflammation of the duodenum;
- uterine fibroids;
- skin diseases;
- erosive and ulcerative pathologies of the stomach.
Tinctures, decoctions and compresses are prepared from cedar fruits. In some cases, the kernels are consumed in their pure form without additives. In the process of preparing medicinal products, it is important to observe the ratio of ingredients and the sequence of actions.
Pine nuts with honey for men
The benefits of pine nuts with honey are due to the rich composition of the components and natural origin. The remedy has a complex strengthening effect on the body. Its regular use improves mood, replenishes energy reserves and increases sexual activity. For the healing mixture, you will need the following components:
- 150 g of liquid honey;
- 30 g of nut kernels.
- Nuts are poured into a deep container and poured with honey.
- After thorough mixing, the product is removed to the side for infusion.
- If desired, dried apricots, hazelnuts, almonds or lemon zest are added to the vitamin mixture.
- Nut honey is taken every morning for 1 tbsp. l.
Pine nuts for gastritis
With gastritis, doctors recommend following the basics of proper nutrition. Changing the diet helps to restore the previous state of the mucous membrane of the digestive system and improve the digestibility of food. The fruit of the cedar tree in this case helps to strengthen the protective forces. They saturate well, but do not provoke the deposition of bad cholesterol. But for this it is necessary to consume nuts in accordance with the recommended norms. The nuclei are taken orally in the amount of 1-2 tbsp. l. in a day. With increased acidity, the reception of infusion from a nutshell is indicated. It is prepared as follows:
- 2 tbsp. the shells are poured with a glass of hot water, after which the container is covered with a lid.
- After 3 hours, the liquid is separated from the shell.
- The infusion is taken orally in half a glass 1 time per day.
Pine nuts for hemoglobin
Due to the content of nutrients, the product is able to change the rheological properties of blood, which is important for problems with hemoglobin. In these cases, a tincture based on cedar partitions is used. For its preparation, the following components are required:
- 100 ml of 70% alcohol;
- partitions of 20-25 nuts.
- The partitions are poured into a deep container and filled with alcohol.
- For a week, the composition is insisted in a dark place.
- Filter the drug before use.
- 10 drops of the tincture are diluted with 30 ml of pure water. The dosage can be gradually increased to 20 drops. The total treatment period is 2 months.
Pine nuts for pancreatitis
With pancreatitis, an alcohol tincture is shown. It is taken on an empty stomach for 1 tbsp. 3 times a day. The tincture is prepared as follows:
- The 500 ml bottle is 1/3 filled with walnut partitions. The glass of the bottle must be dark.
- Raw materials are completely filled with vodka or pure alcohol.
- Within 2 weeks, the remedy comes to readiness in a dark and dry place.
Pine nuts for gout
The benefits of seeds for gout include increasing the elasticity of joints, eliminating pain and preventing the process of salt deposition. To prepare a drug that cope with the disease, you will need:
- 1 tbsp. nuts;
- 500 ml of alcohol.
- The fruits are doused with boiling water several times to wash off the resin, which gives the drink a bitter taste.
- Raw materials are poured with alcohol, after placing it in a dark container.
- Within 2 weeks, the remedy comes to readiness away from sunlight.
- After straining, the nuts can be poured with alcohol again.
Decoction of pine nuts for hair removal
Due to its availability, pine nut decoction is popular for hair removal. To prepare it, you will need a shell.
- 2 tbsp. crushed raw materials are poured with a glass of boiling water.
- The broth is prepared in a water bath for 20 minutes.
- After cooling and straining, the drink is re-put on the fire, bringing to a boil.
The broth is applied to the skin with a cotton pad. After half an hour, it is removed with water without the use of cleaning agents. Regular treatments will noticeably slow down hair growth. Antiseptic and sedative properties are considered to be the advantage of this broth.
How much pine nuts to eat per day
Despite the fact that pine nuts contain vitamins and nutrients, they are eaten in limited quantities. The norm varies from 20 to 40 g. It depends on weight, age and health. If you count by the piece, then the norm is about 30 pieces.
How many grams are in pine nuts
One pine nut with a shell weighs about 0.25 g. When peeled, its weight is halved. In 1 pc. contains 3 kcal.
How many grams of pine nuts in a tablespoon
1 tbsp. peeled nuts weigh about 30 g. In a standard glass - 190 g.
Glycemic index of pine nuts
Diabetics should familiarize themselves with the glycemic index before using the product. This is necessary to exercise control over your condition. The glycemic index (GI) is a measure of the rate of absorption of carbohydrate-containing foods. People with diabetes are advised to consume foods with low GI levels. For cedar fruits, it is 15 units. This figure is considered low. Therefore, the product can be safely used in diet therapy.
Calorie content of pine nuts
Walnut seeds are considered a high-calorie food, but they are highly nutritious, so it is almost impossible to eat them in large quantities. There are 637 kcal per 100 g of peeled kernels.
Allergy to pine nuts
Cedar pine seeds are a common allergen. Most often, intolerance occurs in children and people with reduced immunity. If you have a history of allergies to any food, pine nuts should be eaten with extreme caution. In this case, the risk of developing cross-allergy is increased.
With the regular intake of an allergen, antibodies are produced in the body. In addition, spoiled seeds can contribute to the build-up of toxic substances. All this together leads to the appearance of characteristic symptoms. The most common manifestations of allergies include:
- asthma attacks;
- sneezing and nasal congestion;
- upset stool and flatulence;
- skin rashes;
- nausea and abdominal pain;
- an increase in body temperature and general weakness.
Blisters and redness on the skin can be accompanied by unbearable itching. Scratching these areas leads to infection.In the future, crusts form at the site of the rash, the premature removal of which is the cause of scar formation. In especially severe cases, allergies lead to Quincke's edema, which is fatal.
Attention! If an allergic reaction develops, you should take an antihistamine and consult a doctor.
Contraindications to pine nuts
Not everyone can eat pine nuts. Before use, it is important to read the list of contraindications. Among them are:
- dysfunction of the gallbladder;
- age less than 3 years;
- an allergic reaction;
- damage to the oral mucosa.
If you have kidney stones or gallbladder stones, eating nuts stimulates the flow of bile. This can lead to the movement of stones, which is extremely dangerous for life and health. In this case, surgical intervention is required.
Excessive consumption of pine nuts can cause diarrhea and abdominal discomfort. Therefore, it is recommended to avoid overeating.
The benefits and harms of pine nuts in each case are considered individually. If the product can harm one person, the other will be cured. It should be introduced into the diet gradually, taking into account the characteristics of the body and observing the daily dose.