The Globus salad for the winter with eggplants has gained its fame and popularity since Soviet times, when Hungarian canned food of the same name was on the shelves in stores. This appetizer was liked by many housewives and, despite the fact that today store shelves are replete with a selection of canned food, this salad does not lose its popularity. The ingredients in the Globus snack are simple and affordable, and the salad tastes great. In addition, the salad is easy and quick to prepare.
Rules for the preparation of eggplant Globus salad for the winter
For the preparation of the salad, it is important to use fresh and ripe vegetables without damage. They must be sorted out in advance and defects must be cut off, if any. For harvesting, it is better to use fleshy varieties of peppers and tomatoes so that the salad turns out to be as rich as possible.
For those who dislike the harsh taste of onions, you can substitute shallots, which have a milder, sweeter taste.
Attention! 6% vinegar is suitable for those who prefer a more delicate taste of the dish, and 9% - for those who prefer a sharper one.
It is important not to overcook the snack during cooking in order to preserve the beneficial properties of vegetables. It is also impossible to boil the Globus. There is no need to add water during cooking, as juicy tomatoes emit a sufficient amount of juice.
Add coriander to the marinade for a spicy flavor and aroma, if desired.
Ingredients for the Eggplant Globe salad for the winter
To prepare a snack, you need affordable vegetables, which can be found in any store or market during the fall season.
To prepare the salad you need:
- eggplant - 1 kilogram;
- tomatoes -1.5 kilograms;
- red bell pepper - 1 kilogram;
- carrots - 0.5 kilograms;
- onions - 0.5 kilograms;
- vinegar 6% or 9% - 90 milliliters;
- granulated sugar - 1 tablespoon;
- salt - 3 tablespoons (1 for cooking, 2 for soaking);
- sunflower oil - 200 milliliters.
For a spicy taste and aroma, you can add coriander to the marinade.
A step-by-step recipe for Globus salad with eggplant for the winter
- The first step is to prepare the eggplant. The fruits must be thoroughly washed and soaked for 30-40 minutes in salted water to remove the bitterness. For 1 liter of water, you will need 30 grams of table salt.
- While the eggplants are soaking, prepare the rest of the vegetables. My tomatoes, cut out the seal from the stalk. Cut the tomatoes into large pieces - 4-6 pieces, depending on the size of the fruit.
- I also wash the bell peppers thoroughly, cut off the stalk and clean the seeds inside. Cut the fruits into large pieces or strips.
- Peel the turnip, cut into thin half rings.
- Wash carrots, peel, cut into thick rings or grate for Korean carrots.
- The eggplants can now be removed from the salted water. All the bitterness, if any, remained there. We remove the stalks from the eggplants, cut the vegetables into large cubes. If there are too many seeds in the eggplant, you can cut out some of them.
- Next, add vinegar, vegetable oil, salt and sugar, stir in a deep thick-walled saucepan or cauldron. We put on medium heat, heat the marinade a little.
- First add the tomatoes there, mix. They must soak in the marinade for a couple of minutes to release their juice.
- Then put carrots and onions in a saucepan. Stir, bring the contents to a boil, but do not boil.
- Add eggplant and bell pepper.
- Mix vegetables with marinade thoroughly and bring to a boil. Then we cover the pan with a lid and leave the contents to simmer over low heat for 40 minutes. You don't need to stir the salad. 5 minutes before the end of cooking, the lid can be removed to evaporate excess liquid.
- Globus salad is ready. We put it in sterile containers, roll it up or close it tightly with lids. Turn each jar upside down and put it in a warm place for a couple of hours (you can wrap it in a blanket). After that, we cool the workpieces at room temperature.
The salad retains all vitamins and minerals
Terms and conditions of storage
The Globus snack is preserved for a long time thanks to the vinegar it contains. You need to store the salad in a cool place, preferably in the basement or cellar, but you can also in the refrigerator at a temperature of +2 to +8 ° C. So, the taste of the snack can be enjoyed throughout the winter and spring. If the workpiece is planned to be consumed within 1-2 weeks from the moment of preparation, it is not necessary to put it in a cool place, the main thing is to remove it away from heating appliances.
Globus salad for the winter with eggplant is a very tasty and easy-to-prepare dish that will delight you throughout the cold season. The salad retains vitamins and microelements that are found in vegetables, and both children and adults like its taste. "Globus" can be served both on a festive and on an everyday table. It goes well with rice, pasta and potatoes, will be an excellent addition to meat, as well as an independent dish.