The right thing for midsummer: A zucchini soup prepared vegetarian and low in calories. It is also a pleasure when served exotic.
Vegetable soup: It should be healthy and rich in vitamins, tasty in taste and easy to digest. A soup made from freshly harvested vegetables is particularly suitable in summer. No matter whether from your own garden or from the market: it should be crisp.
Fresh zucchini and herbs are ideal for an easily digestible soup in midsummer, for example. Whether vegetarian and low in calories for small appetites or with hearty inlays, a hearty zucchini soup can be prepared for every taste.
The basic recipe - low calorie and vegetarian
1 Zucchini soup should be light and tasty? Then try this vegetarian recipe idea.
- 2 to 3 zucchini (depending on the size of the fruit)
- 1 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 small potatoes if desired
- 500 to 750 ml vegetable broth
- Salt, pepper, dill, paprika powder
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of medium hot mustard (hot mustard is also possible, then only 1 teaspoon)
- 50 ml of cream or 2 tablespoons of crème fraîche if desired
First, dice the zucchini, onions, garlic and peeled potatoes. Then put a little olive oil in a larger saucepan and sweat the potatoes together with the onions and the garlic. The potatoes should take on some color. However, you have to make sure that the garlic does not become too dark, otherwise it will taste bitter.
Now season your vegetables in a saucepan with salt and pepper and fill them up with broth. Then add the diced zucchini, stir everything well and season with paprika and a tablespoon of dill.
Let the whole thing simmer over medium heat for about 10 minutes. You should make sure that the potato pieces are cooked properly. Then add the mustard and puree the soup. Now you only need to season it with lemon juice.
If you are a friend of creamy soups, add a little cream or crème fraîche to your zucchini soup at the end. Remove the stockpot from the stove beforehand, otherwise the cream or crème fraîche will coagulate in the boiling soup. You can also get a creamy consistency if you stir a piece of ice-cold butter into the soup.
2 This soup can be easily refined with all kinds of inlays for a hearty enjoyment.
➔ other ingredients at will
- Leave out 50 g of diced bacon until crispy and then add to the soup together with the frying fat
- smoked fish, e.g. Trout or salmon, or shrimp give the soup a very special aroma
- Stir in 50 g of grated parmesan, which makes the soup particularly spicy
- Croutons or cheese chips as a topping are a crisp addition
- Pumpkin seeds or roasted sunflower seeds go well with the soup
- Fry 2 fried eggs from both sides and add the soup in strips
- turn small meatballs out of minced meat, fry and add
3A zucchini soup is once exotic prepared with a handle in the Asian spice box.
- 2 to 3 zucchini
- 1 onion
- 1 to 2 teaspoons of green curry paste
- 300 ml broth
- 250 ml coconut milk
- some fresh ginger, chopped (about ½ teaspoon)
- Curry powder, salt, pepper, paprika powder
The zucchini and onion are diced and fried in peanut oil. Then add the curry paste and the ginger and quench the whole thing with broth and coconut milk. The soup can simmer for about 10 minutes. Then puree your exotic zucchini soup and taste it again. Lovers of the savory taste can add a pinch of chilli flakes to their soup.